MT5 Start with configuration.ini

Hello,

I have a Python script that automates backtest reports in MT5, starting the platform with a .ini file. Currently, there is a delay when the platform connects to my broker, taking about 18 seconds to log in, followed by 3 seconds to generate the report. Since I need to run many reports, every second matters. Is there a way to start MetaTrader, generate the backtest without logging into my broker (I already have all the necessary historical data), or run multiple reports with the platform already open using different .ini files?

Any suggestions to make this automation faster will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cassio Centurion: I have a Python script that automates backtest reports in MT5, starting the platform with a .ini file. Currently, there is a delay when the platform connects to my broker, taking about 18 seconds to log in, followed by 3 seconds to generate the report. Since I need to run many reports, every second matters. Is there a way to start MetaTrader, generate the backtest without logging into my broker (I already have all the necessary historical data), or run multiple reports with the platform already open using different .ini files?

Any suggestions to make this automation faster will be greatly appreciated.

No, because it needs to connect to the broker, because of the other required information for the Contract Specifications and Trading Account conditions.

Consider rethinking how you are running these tests. Maybe you can run change your EA code and make use of optimisations instead.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893
Reason: