Push Trade Data as CSV to Amazon S3 Bucket?

Good day!

Does MQL5 have the ability to work with an outside API like Amazon S3 and push data to it?

I am brainstorming an idea where an EA would automatically push my trade history to S3 so that I could have a Lambda process that data.

misterscalper: Does MQL5 have the ability to work with an outside API like Amazon S3 and push data to it? I am brainstorming an idea where an EA would automatically push my trade history to S3 so that I could have a Lambda process that data.

Yes, it has the ability, but you may need to code the interface yourself.

• For a simple WebAPI, you can probably just use WebRequest.
  • If you can rewrite the API library in pure MQL5, then you can probable use the MQL5 Network Sockets functionality.
  • And finally, you can write your own interface to the API in C/C++, C#, etc. and use DLL calls.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it has the ability, but you may need to code the interface yourself.

• For a simple WebAPI, you can probably just use WebRequest.
  • If you can rewrite the API library in pure MQL5, then you can probable use the MQL5 Network Sockets functionality.
  • And finally, you can write your own interface to the API and use DLL calls.

Thank you.

Is there a better approach to get data into a bucket than what I am thinking here?

misterscalper #: Is there a better approach to get data into a bucket than what I am thinking here?

We have no ideia what you are planning, so a specific answer is not easy to give. You will need to do some research.

You should take the time to research how MetaTrader 5 works, and how to program in MQL5 (which is a C/C++ like language).

Fernando Carreiro #:

We have no ideia what you are planning, so a specific answer is not easy to give. You will need to do some research.

You should take the time to research how MetaTrader 5 works, and how to program in MQL5 (which is a C/C++ like language).

Just getting trade history from MT5 to a bucket.  CSV, JSON, XML, doesn't really matter.

misterscalper #: Just getting trade history from MT5 to a bucket.  CSV, JSON, XML, doesn't really matter.

There are examples in the CodeBase and probably also in Articles to export the trade data as CSV and other formats.

Please run and search and review the material. It is very easy: type something (what you need) in the search area (top right corner of the page) and search.

Fernando Carreiro #:

There examples in the Articles and in the CodeBase to export the trade data as CSV and other formats.

Please run and search and review the material. It is very easy: type something (what you need) in the search area (top right corner of the page) and search.

Thanks Fernando, I have done that and can see it's possible to export.  Just am looking for thoughts on leveraging the EA to get it uploaded to a bucket.

misterscalper #: Thanks Fernando, I have done that and can see it's possible to export. Just am looking for thoughts on leveraging the EA to get it uploaded to a bucket.

If you understand that it is possible, now it is up to you to study the language, the examples, and implement it the way you want it.

So, I don't understand your query. What exactly are you asking?

Use the WebRequest functionality, and the S3 REST API to upload the data to the bucket. Obviously you will have to code that yourself.

Reason: