Any restriction on number of trades?

Hello,
I would like to know if there are any - nominal or otherwise - restrictions on the number of trades an EA is allowed to carry out per hour or per day.... either via MetaQuotes or via the various brokers that use MT4. For instance, if my EA works at hundreds or many hundreds of trades per day, is that going to be a problem to me??..... and no, its NOT a scalper ( minimum 10 minutes before trades close at least)
The way I see it, the more the number of trades, the more the profit to the broker. But, so far, all I have been doing is on demo, so I would like a clarification on the same from experienced REAL MT4 traders, please? Slawa, your answer WOULD be appreciated too :D....... while I wait for a reply to my previous query :-)
Thanks,
Shiv

Edited to add: Yes, I have seen that there should be a 5 second gap between successive trades, and I do make sure that condition is fulfilled, but would like to know if there are any other restrictions on number of trades per hour/day, otherwise?
Thanks again
Shiv

Shiv,

it is not the number of trades - it is the time period between open and close. And no broker likes some 100 minilots traded. If you trade some 100 lot this would be nice for a broker.

Have you ever noticed the way a trade is cleared? If you have a fair and honest broker he will set all trades to the interbanking market. If he is not of this kind he will trade against you and you will loose - always. Why should you win against this type of Broker?

But assume he is a honest broker - and you send 1000 USD to the market - I mean what will you do on this interbanking market that needs 1 mio USD as minimum position? The broker needs 1000 trades of your type to put one single position in his market and to fill all these positions. Or a mixture of all lots in your direction and currency pair.

What else shall he do with you trade? Pay the profit from his own equity? Forex trading is a complicated thing for a broker - he has to find a balance between all the trades of his customers. Some do it excellent and with some brokers traders loose always. Maybe they get bad prices or slow execution or built-in slippage and many tricks.

A big equity always gets faster execution and better prices. Because it can be filled immediately. A small amount has to wait until it is collected and then filled. This is the game.

Demo is always possible - nobody inspects demotrades. It is just a game. Reality is different. ok?

K.R.

Shiv,

it is not the number of trades - it is the time period between open and close. And no broker likes some 100 minilots traded. If you trade some 100 lot this would be nice for a broker.

Have you ever noticed the way a trade is cleared? If you have a fair and honest broker he will set all trades to the interbanking market. If he is not of this kind he will trade against you and you will loose - always. Why should you win against this type of Broker?

But assume he is a honest broker - and you send 1000 USD to the market - I mean what will you do on this interbanking market that needs 1 mio USD as minimum position? The broker needs 1000 trades of your type to put one single position in his market and to fill all these positions. Or a mixture of all lots in your direction and currency pair.

What else shall he do with you trade? Pay the profit from his own equity? Forex trading is a complicated thing for a broker - he has to find a balance between all the trades of his customers. Some do it excellent and with some brokers traders loose always. Maybe they get bad prices or slow execution or built-in slippage and many tricks.

A big equity always gets faster execution and better prices. Because it can be filled immediately. A small amount has to wait until it is collected and then filled. This is the game.

Demo is always possible - nobody inspects demotrades. It is just a game. Reality is different. ok?

K.R.

Wow. Thank you for that frank reply, Klaus.
I need to rethink my strategy a bit, I feel now.
Regards
Shiv

Edited to add: Suppose I convert my lot size to a bigger one, say 10000 USD instead of 1000 USD, but still do 10s or 100s trades a day. Would that be acceptable to the brokers, in your opinion, senior traders?
Specially you, Klaus?:-)
Thanks in advance
Shiv

Great!
Thank you Dr Zogg.
I make sure my trades are at least 5 minutes long, before they are closed - IF they need to be closed.
I will keep in mind the advise about more trades. I do face the problem of slowdowns too, in terms of time taken to perform changes, and number of trades being more, the EA tends to ignore ticks a bit... though I DO try and work around THAT by using refreshrates() before doing anything crucial.
Thanks again
Reason: