Where is stderr.mqh for MQL5?

I have searched and can find scant clear information on the existence of stderr.mqh in MQL5. A standard installation of MQL4 contains the file stderr.mqh in the /include directory. However, my MQL5 installation does not contain said file. I am porting an EA I wrote in MQL4 into MQL5. It employs the stderr.mqh file. Does an official stderr.mqh file exist for MQL5 (I am not talking about using the MQL4 version of the file in MQL5). If so, where is it? If not, why not? A search on this website, or the internet in general, does not reveal any clarity.

Sean: I have searched and can find scant clear information on the existence of stderr.mqh in MQL5. A standard installation of MQL4 contains the file stderr.mqh in the /include directory. However, my MQL5 installation does not contain said file. I am porting an EA I wrote in MQL4 into MQL5. It employs the stderr.mqh file. Does an official stderr.mqh file exist for MQL5 (I am not talking about using the MQL4 version of the file in MQL5). If so, where is it? If not, why not? A search on this website, or the internet in general, does not reveal any clarity.

There is no such standard file, neither in MQL4 nor in MQL5. (EDIT: It seems that in the very, very old builds of MQL4 there was such a file, but was later renamed to "stderror.mqh").

In MQL4, there is however, a file called "stderror.mqh", but in MQL5 there is no need for it.

In MQL5, the error code mnemonics are built-in and the compiler does not require an include file for them.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings
  • www.mql5.com
Codes of Errors and Warnings - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: