Seconds chart Indicators

If i want to load any indicator in 1 second chart, how can i do it?

For e.g. ATR

int  iATR( 
   string           symbol,        // symbol name 
   ENUM_TIMEFRAMES  period,        // period 
   int              ma_period      // averaging period  
   );

What i need to do to detect my second chart timeframe which is not listed in ENUM_TIMEFRAMES?

Rodger Sen:

If i want to load any indicator in 1 second chart, how can i do it?

For e.g. ATR

if it were that easy....

You need to create a custom symbol and you need to map your time frames. Meaning, 1M is 1S. And so on...

This way you can select the timeframe with other tools.

But the labels will all be wrong. Because MT does not support TFs smaller than 1M.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
if it were that easy....

You need to create a custom symbol and you need to map your time frames. Meaning, 1M is 1S. And so on...

This way you can select the timeframe with other tools.

But the labels will all be wrong. Because MT does not support TFs smaller than 1M.

Please give more details about mapping, and can iATR prebuilt indicators can be used after mapping or i have to create custom functions for ATR ? Wrong label is not a problem as long as its working

Rodger Sen #:

Please give more details about mapping, and can iATR prebuilt indicators can be used after mapping or i have to create custom functions for ATR ? Wrong label is not a problem as long as its working

If you create a custom symbol and you store the seconds data in the m1 candle information, you have your mapping already.

You can apply any indicator to the custom symbol without altering the indicator itself.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
If you create a custom symbol and you store the seconds data in the m1 candle information, you have your mapping already.

You can apply any indicator to the custom symbol without altering the indicator itself.

Got it, Thanks

Reason: