Add custom indicator to already published market to support demo version.

Hello Gents

Please how can i create a link to a custom indicator in my published market space/product to avoid clients asking me for indicator file once purchased product does not appear on their chart screens. Usually some products wont appear unless the custom indicator used in creating the product is downloaded. So i want to make the indicator available for download in the overview section.  Can someone be of help?

Nnamdi Kennedy Ifeorah:

Hello Gents

Please how can i create a link to a custom indicator in my published market space/product to avoid clients asking me for indicator file once purchased product does not appear on their chart screens. Usually some products wont appear unless the custom indicator used in creating the product is downloaded. So i want to make the indicator available for download in the overview section.  Can someone be of help?

I think restricting usability is prohibited , and requiring an external paid indicator to function is a restriction .

Unless you mean you have a demo version and you want to create a demo version on an indicator for which you don't have the source code ?

Nnamdi Kennedy Ifeorah:

Hello Gents

Why not use #resource ? When you publish a product it must include everything needed to work. The customer should not need download anything else.

Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
Documentation on MQL5: MQL5 programs / Resources
  • www.mql5.com
Resources - MQL5 programs - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Samuel Manoel De Souza #:

Why not use #resource ? When you publish a product it must include everything needed to work. The customer should not need download anything else.

Very correct Sam. 

Reason: