How can i verify freelancers competencies that bid for my project?

Hi,

Recently, I listed a few projects of varying degrees of difficulties.

When I asked for code snippet of their previous works (not full code of course) in order to prove of whatever they are claiming, there two or three developers said that such action violates the platform rules.

Is it true?

If that so, how can I verify the competencies of developer who are bidding on my project?

Please help!

Hello. When my customers ask me for a code snippets, I can send it, but without any links or my name/nickname inside. So, it doesn't violent the rules.

sy4rul:

When I asked for code snippet of their previous works (not full code of course) in order to prove of whatever they are claiming, there two or three developers said that such action violates the platform rules.

Is it true?

The platform rules prohibit the exchange of contact information before the conclusion of a work agreement.

Customers and Applicants cannot exchange contact data in any form before concluding a Work Agreement. Violators are banned from participating in the Freelance.

If the code does not contain the contact information of the developer, then this will not violate the rules of the platform.

If you can make a judgment about a developer's qualifications based on a fragment of their code, then you yourself are a programmer. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

How to Order a Trading Robot

Vladislav Boyko #:

The platform rules prohibit the exchange of contact information before the conclusion of a work agreement.

Customers and Applicants cannot exchange contact data in any form before concluding a Work Agreement. Violators are banned from participating in the Freelance.

If the code does not contain the contact information of the developer, then this will not violate the rules of the platform.

If you can make a judgment about a developer's qualifications based on a fragment of their code, then you yourself are a programmer. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

How to Order a Trading Robot

Exactly!

Mikhail Zhitnev #:
Hello. When my customers ask me for a code snippets, I can send it, but without any links or my name/nickname inside. So, it doesn't violent the rules.

Very interesting. Could you please tell how often customers ask you for a code snippet? I thought that this does not happen😄

sy4rul:

Hi,

Recently, I listed a few projects of varying degrees of difficulties.

Is it true?

If that so, how can I verify the competencies of developer who are bidding on my project?

Please help!

Why not just look at reviews?

Vladislav Boyko #:

Just because i know to read math equations doesn't made me a mathematician :D

The reason I asked for code snippet is because there's always people who claimed that they have code something similar before.
It gonna cost a person max an hour to find the file and then copy paste it to show the prove.Plus,
You can tell a lot from the way a dev write his code.

Chioma Obunadike #:

Why not just look at reviews?

Reviews can't reflect the complexity of work done before.
Things get worse when there are no project history present.

Arbitration also doesn't give context of the quality of work as there's always questionable developer and questionable client alike on the platform.
Some client trying to rip off developer with poorly written requirement specs and some developer trying to take advantage of a noob clients.

One the of bidder ask to award the project then if I'm not satisfied with the deliverables, I can open arbitration.

The thing is, that still cost me money due to the platform fees, wasted time, added more headache of arbitration and the project need to be listed again.

so, is there any other way to evaluate competencies of a freelance?

sy4rul:
... If that so, how can I verify the competencies of developer who are bidding on my project ...

If you know the developer (if he is your relative, or your friend, or he is active on this forum coding for CodeBase or selling in the Market and so on) -
so it is very easy to verify the competencies (and coding specialization) of the developer by looking at his articles or his codes on CodeBase or his posts on the forum.

But if you want to use anyone for project - it is your choice and your risk (and please accept your risk and  do not transfer your risk to the other people).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to choose a professional developer in Freelance service

Sergey Golubev, 2020.08.09 08:41

I am posting this suggestion all the time on the forum. It is related to the Signals, the Market, and to the Freelance as well - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.16 06:35

There is one rule which some people follow:
subscribe to the signal or create an order in Freelance or purchase the product from the user/seller/coder/provider you know in person or you know by activity on the forum.

Because if you purchased something so I may ask:
"Do you know the seller in person, or you are familiar with him on this forum?"
If you say: "Not" so it will be very strange case for me ...

Just my optinion.

----------------

There are a lot of professional and honest users/coders on the forum, and some of them are very active on this forum helping to the other people and replying on the forum posts/requests.

https://www.mql5.com/en/job/new

But if you select "anyone" (any coder which you do not know in person or you do not know him on this forum) so - it is your choice.

----------------

Always choose the person you know in this forum (who is very active here), and you will have much less problems with anything.

Just my opinion sorry (because I am using Freelance from time to time).

Vladislav Boyko #:

Very interesting. Could you please tell how often customers ask you for a code snippet? I thought that this does not happen😄

It happens rarely. I think 1 case per 50 projects. 

Every 2th job is like when a customer ask for a profitable EA, but his budget is limited 30$. )

Mikhail Zhitnev #:
Every 2th job is like when a customer ask for a profitable EA, but his budget is limited 30$. )
Well, in my experience, even when the budget is set from $30 and with no budget cap, it attracted only questionable dev :(

How do dev filters project that they want to bid? Should i increase the minimum and set the max budget?

Reason: