Hitting REFRESH does not cause EA to run.

I thought that, at one point, MQ said by hitting REFRESH you can force the EA to run the Start() function just like it does on a tick. But this doesn't actaully happen. It would be very helpful if you could make the REFRESH button run the EA. ...just the Start(), not Init().

start function runs at incoming ticks only!

it would be helpful if the user could force the start() to run instead of waiting for a tick to come in.

Hitting REFRESH would seem to me to be the perfect mechanism. I guess, then, I'm making a feature request to have some way of forcing the start() to run.

use scripts

can a script run an EA?

it is not that I need to be able to run a piece of code, sometimes I need to run the actual EA to test or do other things. Having to wait for a tick, such as on the weekends, is burdensome.

can a script run an EA?

of course. scripts are not depend from incoming ticks. scripts can be launched manually. you can assign hot keys to scripts

so if I have an EA called "SuperWhatever" and I have a script called "Run_SuperWhatever", how do I make the script call the EA?

its not that I just need to run some piece of code or logic; I need/want to be able to run the actual EA on command. Primarily for testing/debugging, but also for other things.

btw, the intro of hotkeys is a great thing.

you can place your strategy into library (#property library) and call it both from expert or from script.
better way is place your strategy into mqh-file and include it in some expert or in some script

I see. Thank you, sir.
Reason: