Copy from MetaEditor and Paste to other application

When I try to copy from MetaEditor and Paste to other application (Word Pad) it will change to chines font and I get graphical characters.
However, when I copy from Word Pad to MetaEditor or within the MetaEditor it works fine.
Current build 182, but it was always like that.
What am I doing wrong?
-Stan

When I try to copy from MetaEditor and Paste to other application (Word Pad) it will change to chines font and I get graphical characters.
However, when I copy from Word Pad to MetaEditor or within the MetaEditor it works fine.
Current build 182, but it was always like that.
What am I doing wrong?
-Stan

It is getting annoying.
I need to know how to copy from MT editor to external application.
Normal copy and paste will not work.
However, I can copy into MT editor OK.
Is anyone else having the same problem?
-Stan

I just tried wordpad and notepad and both give me the expected results. (Working on a German XP).

Markus

I just tried wordpad and notepad and both give me the expected results. (Working on a German XP).

Markus

Markus,
Obviously it has something to do with writing to clip-board in MT4 environment, because the MT4 can read the clip-board OK.

So this is question for Meta Quotes:
What can in otherwise well functioning win98 environment prevent MT4 to write into my clip-board.
Could it be registry?

Any idea Meta Quotes?
-Stan

if you need to copy chinese (or russian in my case) text then your source window should have chinese keyboard layout. this depends from operating system

if you need to copy chinese (or russian in my case) text then your source window should have chinese keyboard layout. this depends from operating system

OK Slawa,
I have tried everything possible from deleting all MetaTrader files, clearing my registry, drive and reinstall MT4.
There was no change.
However, trying all external applications, I have find that it will paste correctly only into the MS FrontPage Editor.
There must be something in the clip-board string which interferes with all other applications.
I suspect something to do with Russian/English conversion or something what plain English applications do not expect.
Some language control character.
Can you check it out Slawa.
It is not normal ASCII text string.
-Stan

once more. in the MetaEditor switch to your country's layout (ctrl+shift or alt+shift or so on) then copy to clipboard.

once more. in the MetaEditor switch to your country's layout (ctrl+shift or alt+shift or so on) then copy to clipboard.

I am sorry but I do not know what you mean by "in the MetaEditor switch to your country's layout"?

In MetaEditor I am selected to View-Languages-English and I am copying to English application.

I do not see any other reference to any "country's layout."
-Stan

OK Slawa,
I have tried everything possible from deleting all MetaTrader files, clearing my registry, drive and reinstall MT4.
There was no change.
However, trying all external applications, I have find that it will paste correctly only into the MS FrontPage Editor.
There must be something in the clip-board string which interferes with all other applications.
I suspect something to do with Russian/English conversion or something what plain English applications do not expect.
Some language control character.
Can you check it out Slawa.
It is not normal ASCII text string.
-Stan

It's upper half of 255 characters Latin1 (aka iso-8859-1) encoding table where Russian characters located in Windows-1251. All ms document processors as well as windows itself use Unicode internally. ms provide a remarkable text encoding recognition support in their products as you noticed in frontpage. However keyboard layout has nothing to do with the conversion.
Windows can convert properly the encoding which it's localised for, e.g. cyrillyc 1251 in winXPrus. In english windows we have Latin1 nonsence instead of russian text in the clipboard.

I am sorry but I do not know what you mean by "in the MetaEditor switch to your country's layout"?

In MetaEditor I am selected to View-Languages-English and I am copying to English application.

I do not see any other reference to any "country's layout."

what do You do when in the MetaEditor You type comments in other than english language? change keyboard layout, type comments in your language then back to english. try to copy your comments before back to english.

Does the forum upload images in [img] tag from local disk? I have no place to put an examle with accessible url.
Reason: