Scheduling Autotrading

Hi folks,

Is there anything already existing, and even better if free, that I can use to schedule autotrading in the MT4 app on Windows laptop?

I find that the bot I have running always has a loss most Mondays so I'd like it to automatically schedule autotrading to switch off on a Friday evening and switch back on a Monday night.

I know I could do this manually but the whole point of using a bot is to automate my trading, I don't want to have to make myself available to switch autotrading off and on?

In fact, this should really be built in to the MT app IMO!

thanks 

Such recommendations are not allowed in the forum, you should make your own search in the Market and Codebase, or post your request as a job in the Freelance section.

Please don't post randomly in any section. Your question is not related to the section you posted.

MT4/mql4 has it's own section on the forum.

This topic will be moved, so please don't create another duplicate topic.

Daryl Anderson: Is there anything already existing, and even better if free, that I can use to schedule autotrading in the MT4 app on Windows laptop? I find that the bot I have running always has a loss most Mondays so I'd like it to automatically schedule autotrading to switch off on a Friday evening and switch back on a Monday night. I know I could do this manually but the whole point of using a bot is to automate my trading, I don't want to have to make myself available to switch autotrading off and on? In fact, this should really be built in to the MT app IMO!

Please note that disabling/enabling the "Auto Trading" is not under programmatic control (via MQL).

For security reasons, that is only under manual user control.

However, in the CodeBase section, you will find examples that use DLL calls to the Windows API to indirectly change the "Auto Trading".

As for the Market section, you will have to do your own research, but I doubt you will find it there because DLL usage is strictly forbidden for Market products.

The best solution, if you have the source code, is to modify your EA's to apply these limitations that your require.

Didn’t realise this would be such a controversial post 😂

It can be done without DLL but it's definitely not trivial.

@Alain Verleyen #: It can be done without DLL but it's definitely not trivial.

Did not know that. Only on MT4 or also on MT5?

Is it explained somewhere?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Did not know that. Only on MT4 or also on MT5?

Is it explained somewhere?

It's using a workaround Fernando, it can be done for both platforms.

The idea is to run a "Manager EA" which will start/stop the trading EA (or EAs).

@Alain Verleyen #: It's using a workaround Fernando, it can be done for both platforms. The idea is to run a "Manager EA" which will start/stop the trading EA (or EAs).

Oh, so it is not actually touching the "Auto Trading" button or the auto-trading permissions, but instead loading/unloading the EA on the chart. Is that it?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Oh, so it is not actually touching the "Auto Trading" button or the auto-trading permissions, but instead loading/unloading the EA on the chart. Is that it?

Yes exactly.

It's a better solution, it will avoid to flood the logs with error messages, or even "crash" some poorly coded EA which will not like to run without trading permission.

Alain Verleyen #: Yes exactly. It's a better solution, it will avoid to flood the logs with error messages, or even "crash" some poorly coded EA which will not like to run without trading permission.

Thank you for the explanation.

Reason: