Indicators Thoughts.. - page 3

Davide Marrone:
What do you think of Trading Systems that doesn’t use Indicators except ATR but only O,H,L,C, candle patterns, bar patterns and Time?
I think traders should test their theories in a manual environment first, then give equal time and effort to programming a robot. They may be surprised at the results they obtain through both systems. There is nothing like an expert trader.

Davide Marrone:
What do you think of Trading Systems that doesn’t use Indicators except ATR but only O,H,L,C, candle patterns, bar patterns and Time?

I've made hundreds of EAs and the most successfull ones use only ATR and price action to open trades. I use some indicators as stop loss (for example Momentum indicator if it goes against the trade).

Maybe you find something out of those observations but the playmaker behavior may change somewhere. Then you have to stop trading to gather new train data to build new network.

I don't think this can be a real world solution to trading intraday forex

You raise a valid point, Yashar. However, I believe it's not just about predicting playmaker behaviour. While abrupt market changes are inevitable, focusing on a system that can adapt to these changes can be an interesting approach. Rather than building a new network each time, we can have a more dynamic model that evolves based on the incoming data.

Moreover, it's essential to remember that trading systems should not solely rely on indicators or pure price action. Rather, a combination of various factors including macroeconomic trends, market sentiment, and fundamental analysis can provide a more holistic view. For intraday forex trading, this can be a more realistic approach.

Reason: