Has anyone think about year 2038 problem in MT4?

"The year 2038 problem is a time formatting bug in computer systems with representing times after 03:14:07 UTC on 19 January 2038"

As datetime in MQL4 is double type, the maximum is of course in year 2038, which is just 15 years in front of us.
Will everyone turns out using MT5 instead? Are MQL4 resource turned into legacy code in the future?
Just a random thought when I am coding on random datetime related program.
Any thoughts?

Yu Pang Chan: "The year 2038 problem is a time formatting bug in computer systems with representing times after 03:14:07 UTC on 19 January 2038". As datetime in MQL4 is double type, the maximum is of course in year 2038, which is just 15 years in front of us. Will everyone turns out using MT5 instead? Are MQL4 resource turned into legacy code in the future? Just a random thought when I am coding on random datetime related program. Any thoughts?

No, that is not the case. Currently both MQL4+ and MQL5 use an 8 byte datetime data-type which can go up to ... Why is a “datetime” limited to 31 December, 3000?

EDIT: The 19 January 2038 limitation only applied to the old 4 byte datetime data-type of the obsolete builds of MetaTrader 4 and before that.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, that is not the case. Currently both MQL4+ and MQL5 use an 8 byte datetime data-type which can go up to ... Why is a “datetime” limited to 31 December, 3000?

I'm not sure if anyone is really concerned whether MT4 will still be in use in 2038, but MQL4 is largely irrelevant here. All the times used internally by MT4 Server and its databases are __time32_t. Regardless of what MQL4 defines, the server it relies on will stop working in 2038.
Reason: