Free products activations while free

If you upload a free product here .

Bob downloads it . (call it file1)

Bob uploads it on their website for distribution . (file1)

Mary finds Bob's site and downloads the file .(file1)

A. Does the free utility work on Mary's mt5 ? (file1)

B. If you turn the free product to paid (file2) does the free utility work on Mary's mt5 (Mary has file1) ? 

C. If you turn the free product to paid (file2) , will subsequent downloads from Bob's website (still file1) work on the terminals they are used in ?

As far as I know copy/paste of ex4/5 files doesn't work for MQL5.com Market purchases.

It may work, but not always, for terminals that are on the same computer or VPS with the terminal that the product was originally and properly installed, using the user's MQL5 account.

Lorentzos Roussos:

E. Bob and Mary finally met and had twins. 😅

These kinds of questions should be asked at the service desk.

They are too technical/convoluted to be answered here and you know it.

Lorentzos Roussos: If you upload a free product here. Bob downloads it . (call it file1). Bob uploads it on their website for distribution . (file1). Mary finds Bob's site and downloads the file .(file1)

A. Does the free utility work on Mary's mt5 ? (file1)
B. If you turn the free product to paid (file2) does the free utility work on Mary's mt5 (Mary has file1) ?
C. If you turn the free product to paid (file2) , will subsequent downloads from Bob's website (still file1) work on the terminals they are used in ?

A. No. Even free products have a "signature" that is associated with the computer setup. So Mary, still needs to download it via her community login and computer setup for it to work.

B. Only if she has downloaded it via her community login and computer setup.

C. They never worked on other setups in the first place.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

As far as I know copy/paste of ex4/5 files doesn't work for MQL5.com Market purchases.

It may work, but not always, for terminals that are on the same computer or VPS with the terminal that the product was originally and properly installed, using the user's MQL5 account.

So the utility (even the free one) expects the terminal to have been logged in at least once for the user account that has "officially" downloaded it . 

In this case for instance , Bob must have logged in on Mary's mt5 at least once and since its a freebie there is no limit of course . 

What if bob's account is a dummy one , will file1 (not the paid update) still operate if the "dummy" account has been logged in once on the mt5 ? 

to simplify , are there "activation" checks even for free utilities in the background ? (if you know of course)

thank you

Lorentzos Roussos #:

So the utility (even the free one) expects the terminal to have been logged in at least once for the user account that has "officially" downloaded it . 

In this case for instance , Bob must have logged in the mt5 at least once and since its a freebie there is no limit of course . 

What if bob's account is a dummy one , will file1 (not the paid update) still operate if the "dummy" account has been logged in once on the mt5 ? 

to simplify , there are "activation" checks even for free utilities in the background ? (if you know of course)

thank you

Yes, he must have logged into the MQL5 account that was used for the original purchase or free download.

I don't know about the activations issue.

Fernando Carreiro #:

A. No. Even free products have a "signature" that is associated with the computer setup. So Mary, still needs to download it via her community login and computer setup for it to work.

B. Only if she has downloaded it via her community login and computer setup.

C. They never worked on other setups in the first place.

Thank you . So it expects a "key" of some sort anyway 

I agree with the views of Eleni and Fernando.

However, if you are looking for an official answer, it should be done at the service desk.

My advice is not to take sides in this.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Yes, he must have logged into the MQL5 account that was used for the original purchase or free download.

I don't know about the activations issue.

Okay , thank you

Lorentzos Roussos #: So the utility (even the free one) expects the terminal to have been logged in at least once for the user account that has "officially" downloaded it . In this case for instance , Bob must have logged in on Mary's mt5 at least once and since its a freebie there is no limit of course . What if bob's account is a dummy one , will file1 (not the paid update) still operate if the "dummy" account has been logged in once on the mt5 ? 

to simplify , are there "activation" checks even for free utilities in the background ? (if you know of course). thank you

The downloaded product's signature and activation are associated with the computer, not the community login.

So, sharing a dummy "bob" account for the express purpose of downloading "free" products (that could be later turned into "paid") is useless, because anyone can do that on their own account.

EDIT: The specific community login is only required during the act of downloading and activation (or updates), but not afterwards.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:
I agree with the views of Eleni and Fernando.

However, if you are looking for an official answer, it should be done at the service desk.

My advice is not to take sides in this.

Yeah , i'd like to experiment with this as this is always the best way to arrive at conclusions , but there are probably defenses in the background that will justifiably get raised even for an experiment so i'll take Fernando's view due to his understanding of these matters.

Thank you

Reason: