50 MT4 terminals

Hello, happy Saturday!  I wanted to ask you.  I have a pc in which there are approximately 50 MT4 terminals.  I do not use VPS in these terminals.  I have noticed that from time to time some, or all of them close.  I don't know what it is due to, I don't know if it's a ram problem or something.  Since I own the code of the EAs that I use in them, is there something I can add so that this does not happen?  The problem could be the hardware? Is it worth upgrading the ram?  Any suggestion will be more than welcome.  Thank you

Enrique Enguix:

Hi Enrique,

I would rule out a memory problem, because when the RAM is full, the virtual memory (HDD/SDD) comes into play. Monitor RAM through the Task Manager to see if there is any abnormal usage of any particular EA/Terminal.

Are you using the latest version of the terminal or older versions with "hot" installation?

Updated Windows, etc? We need a little more information.

Honestly, nothing like this has ever happened to me, but it is also true that I don't use MT4, let alone 50 terminals.

I haven't found anything on the forum about it.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

Hi Enrique,

I would rule out a memory problem, because when the RAM is full, the virtual memory (HDD/SDD) comes into play. Monitor RAM through the Task Manager to see if there is any abnormal usage of any particular EA/Terminal.

Are you using the latest version of the terminal or older versions with "hot" installation?

Updated Windows, etc? We need a little more information.

Honestly, nothing like this has ever happened to me, but it is also true that I don't use MT4, let alone 50 terminals.

I haven't found anything on the forum about it.

Thanks for answering Miguel Angel.  I'm going to install some RAM monitoring program and other pc features and see if that yields any results.  I've been adding array release EAs to it, but I don't think that's improving the problem.

Enrique Enguix: Hello, happy Saturday!  I wanted to ask you.  I have a pc in which there are approximately 50 MT4 terminals.  I do not use VPS in these terminals.  I have noticed that from time to time some, or all of them close.  I don't know what it is due to, I don't know if it's a ram problem or something.  Since I own the code of the EAs that I use in them, is there something I can add so that this does not happen?  The problem could be the hardware? Is it worth upgrading the ram?  Any suggestion will be more than welcome.  Thank you

The technical limit is 32 MetaTrader terminals under the same Windows user profile. This is a limit imposed by the MetaTrader terminal application itself.

So, for you to be running 50, are you using different user profiles?

Do you have more 32 for each user profile?

Fernando Carreiro #:

The technical limit is 32 MetaTrader terminals under the same Windows user profile. This is a limit imposed by the MetaTrader terminal application itself.

So, for you to be running 50, are you using different user profiles?

Do you have more 32 for each user profile?

No, it's all on the same desktop, with different installations.  Maybe here is the problem, for some reason I have managed to install 50, and at some point MT4 "realizes", and closes them.  I am going to lower it to 32, to see if it is solved

I was unaware of the 32 terminal limitation of MT4.

Here is the original post from the CEO of MQ: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/190972/page3#comment_4949700
Требования для железа (либо сервер), чтоб открыть 4000 терминалов МТ4 одновременно - Чтобы открыть свой ДЦ, нужно нанять 200 психотерапевтов
Требования для железа (либо сервер), чтоб открыть 4000 терминалов МТ4 одновременно - Чтобы открыть свой ДЦ, нужно нанять 200 психотерапевтов
  • www.mql5.com
Банально системных хендлов не хватит даже если раскидать по сессиям. В одной сессии можно запустить не более 32 терминалов. под управлением специально сконфигурированного юникса. Для такой задачи нужно свой терминал делать и подключаться через апи

Enrique Enguix #: No, it's all on the same desktop, with different installations.  Maybe here is the problem, for some reason I have managed to install 50, and at some point MT4 "realizes", and closes them.  I am going to lower it to 32, to see if it is solved

You can install as many as you want, be it 50 or more, but only a maximum of 32 will run at the same time for a single Windows user profile/session.

You can however run more than 32 if you run them under different user profile/session. This can be quite easily done on a Windows Server, running multiple sessions at the same time.

However you still have to have enough resources for all of them, such as RAM and CPU power, and that can be tricky sometimes.

Enrique Enguix I have a pc in which there are approximately 50 MT4 terminals. 
Are you really trying to trade 5,000 symbols at the same time?
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          Be precise and informative about your problem
          The XY Problem

William Roeder #:
Are you really trying to trade 5,000 symbols at the same time?
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          Be precise and informative about your problem
          The XY Problem
Come on William, they want to run several accounts/brokers.

Come on Alain, nowhere did OP state multiple accounts, and several accounts means several terminals, not 50.

William Roeder #:
Come on Alain, nowhere did OP state multiple accounts, and several accounts means several terminals, not 50.

Yeah people are doing all kind of strange things, you know that. 

My guess is the OP want to run MT4 on 50 different accounts (well now he knows it's 32 max), let's see. 

Reason: