Can you give me some advice ?

Hello,

I've been learning about trading almost 3 years. Since I started I tried to learn about trading every single day. Few months ago I was even a 100k funded trader but I blew it up. I would say that I already have a winning strategy(over 250 backtested trades which showed overall profitability). I decided to go for 5ers bootcamp - 3 stages/1 year to pass them. I could pass my first stage but I missed a trade which could get me over the line but unfortunately my "trading psychology" was affected after this trade and my trading performance kept getting just worse. I have some other issues like:

My trading strategy requires to look at charts every 3 hours - however when there is an opened trade I have urge to check the charts like every 5 minutes.

In one week I'm getting a new job and I'm really not sure if it will be possible for me to check charts every 3 hrs.

I increase my risk when I hit bigger losing streak or if I simply miss a profitable trade which could give me some nice profit

I've been also trying to succeed in day trading but I found out that I tend to overtrade. I also tried to trade only one particular session but I found myself to trade outside this session as well.

In overall I would say I'm still lacking proper discipline and I have issues to stick to my trading plan.

Any ideas what to do ? I really want to succeed in trading I've been trying to make it come true for almost 3 years but unfortunately there are still no results.

Štefan Holubjak:

Hello,

I've been learning about trading almost 3 years. Since I started I tried to learn about trading every single day. Few months ago I was even a 100k funded trader but I blew it up. I would say that I already have a winning strategy(over 250 backtested trades which showed overall profitability). I decided to go for 5ers bootcamp - 3 stages/1 year to pass them. I could pass my first stage but I missed a trade which could get me over the line but unfortunately my "trading psychology" was affected after this trade and my trading performance kept getting just worse. I have some other issues like:

My trading strategy requires to look at charts every 3 hours - however when there is an opened trade I have urge to check the charts like every 5 minutes.

In one week I'm getting a new job and I'm really not sure if it will be possible for me to check charts every 3 hrs.

I increase my risk when I hit bigger losing streak or if I simply miss a profitable trade which could give me some nice profit

I've been also trying to succeed in day trading but I found out that I tend to overtrade. I also tried to trade only one particular session but I found myself to trade outside this session as well.

In overall I would say I'm still lacking proper discipline and I have issues to stick to my trading plan.

Any ideas what to do ? I really want to succeed in trading I've been trying to make it come true for almost 3 years but unfortunately there are still no results.

May be you should creat an ea that auto trade for you

Minh Truong Pham #:
May be you should creat an ea that auto trade for you
actually I do not want any EA or trading robot to trade for me. Maybe once I am profitable I'll get some EA but until then I want to make money from trading on my own.

I will give you then a very cold and hard advice — Stop Trading!

If after 3 years you were not able to achieve the correct psychology and discipline, then stop! If you want to be successful with trading, then first gain the discipline.

If you really still want it, take it up as a hobby but ONLY using demo accounts and do it in your spare time. Do not let it interfere with your life.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I will give you then a very cold and hard advice — Stop Trading!

If after 3 years you were not able to achieve the correct psychology and discipline, then stop! If you want to be successful with trading, then first gain the discipline.

If you really still want it, take it up as a hobby but ONLY using demo accounts and do it in your spare time. Do not let it interfere with your life.

Thanks for your advice. Maybe dumb question but what would be the best way to achieve the correct psychology and rigid discipline ?

Štefan Holubjak #: Thanks for your advice. Maybe dumb question but what would be the best way to achieve the correct psychology and rigid discipline ?

Start applying discipline slowly to everything you do in life. Gain more life experience and consider your own attitude to things you do every day.

Don't react to things. Make an effort to give yourself a few seconds before you answer or react to anything. Count to 10 if necessary. Act but don't react.

Organise your life and have a schedule for things. Build up a habit of doing things in an organised and disciplined way, and do it with confidence.

use always "Set and forget" method, my advice.
Reason: