.SRV file missing from Config Folder

Hello, 

I am trying to use the .SRV file from my broker to set up an account using MetaApi Cloud, but for some reason it is missing from its expected location. You can see from this link that this is where it should be: https://fx-list.com/find-metatrader-srv-file

I have been able to find it here in the past, but when I redownloaded my broker's MT4 terminal, it no longer appears. When I reached out to support, they claimed that is something that is automatically generated by the terminal. I've attached a screenshot of my config folder. Does anyone happen to know how I can either generate it myself or another way I can get it? All help is appreciated.

How do I find the SRV file on the MetaTrader 4 platform?
How do I find the SRV file on the MetaTrader 4 platform?
  • fx-list.com
Detailed instructions with images on how to find the SRV file in the folder of the MetaTrader4 platform you are using.

togunjobi: I am trying to use the .SRV file from my broker to set up an account using MetaApi Cloud, but for some reason it is missing from its expected location. You can see from this link that this is where it should be: https://fx-list.com/find-metatrader-srv-file. I have been able to find it here in the past, but when I redownloaded my broker's MT4 terminal, it no longer appears. When I reached out to support, they claimed that is something that is automatically generated by the terminal. I've attached a screenshot of my config folder. Does anyone happen to know how I can either generate it myself or another way I can get it? All help is appreciated.
The more recent builds of MetaTrader 4 no longer use individual ".srv" files for trader servers. It now uses the "servers.ini" file with all the the trader server addresses in one encrypted file.

Fernando Carreiro #:
The more recent builds of MetaTrader 4 no longer use individual ".srv" files for trader servers. It now uses the "servers.ini" file with all the the trader server addresses in one encrypted file.
How you read the encrypted to find the address?

traderjang #: How you read the encrypted to find the address?
You don't! That's why it is encrypted.
Reason: