Some feature requests

- Journal and Experts log files should be flushed on each new message (so as they can be viewed in real-time with a tail program).

- In the ToolBox, in Trade tab -> adding an optional column for magic number. Also adding ability to change column position via dragging similar to all windows programs.

Thanks.

"Journal context menu - Open" flushes current opened log

stringo:

"Journal context menu - Open" flushes current opened log

Can this be controlled via code or set to be done every x seconds automatically?

What I usually do is use tail programs to watch logs and 'color' lines according to specific criteria. In MT4 I made my own custom log file, I was hoping to avoid that in MT5, but that's only practical if the file would flush at every new message.

gordon:
Can this be controlled via code or set to be done every x seconds automatically?

What I usually do is use tail programs to watch logs and 'color' lines according to specific criteria. In MT4 I made my own custom log file, I was hoping to avoid that in MT5, but that's only practical if the file would flush at every new message.

I have the need to read with an external program information that is in the .log files. MT$ writes to log files when MT4 closes or at the end of the day. Could you please share and additional information about the technique you use to write to external files. Thanks.
Reason: