Buy stops close to current price are refused

Is it exact that buy stops too close to the current price dont work? Is the limit 10 ticks?

If so, this may be a feature for hand specified orders but certainly not for automated orders. If i want to specify a buy stop 1 pip above or even at the current price, that should be ok. In fact, a buy stop below the current price should immediatly launch an odrer unless it is already outside of the allowed slippage...

btw, when I try to do this manually, I get the message 'Invalid S/L or T/P' which is wrong. I specified neither SL nor TP.

Please advise....

Hola hdb,

I'm pretty sure that the limit is 5 pips.

This applies to Limit and Stop orders in regards to current price,

and Takeprofit and Stoploss in regards to Order Open Price.

The solution to this would be to code the stop, limit, tp, sl manually instead of inputing them into the server as one would normally do. This presents its own problems, but is perfectly possible eventhough it would require a little bit of deft coding. This is an issue I too ran into with GS.

I remember last fall, I was trying to code something, I forget, and I ran into this problem. I ran screaming to forums that there is a bug in MT...felt like a dumbass when I figured it out. ;)

stops_level=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL);

thanks tonyc2a, Slawa for the info.

no, i will not code stops and limits manually, nor small trailing stops... I am a lazy sod! Besides, either these are functions of the trading system or I will not use it! There are so many things u can do wrong, if I have to manage trailing stops, stops and limits manually, i use another system.

Slawa, if there is a function to get the stop level, I really suggest u have one to set the stop level. I understand that this is a precaution on your behalf but from my point of view, it prevents me from implementing several strategies on your super software.

So please give it some thought as this is really very annoying.

Thanks
Reason: