EA that actually works

I would like to ask within this forum if anyone is currently using and EA that generates at least 10% per month with 5% drawdown.

Is there any product that can do that?

rippin: I would like to ask within this forum if anyone is currently using and EA that generates at least 10% per month with 5% drawdown. Is there any product that can do that?

Recommendations and discussions of market products (or any 3rd party product), is prohibited on the forum.

From your request, it seems you want something for a prop-firm challenge. If that is the case, then I suggest you first build up your own trading knowledge and coding skills, if you want to build something that will be consistently profitable in order to maintain the challenge long-term.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Recommendations and discussions of market products (or any 3rd party product), is prohibited on the forum.

From your request, it seems you want something for a prop-firm challenge. If that is the case, then I suggest you first build up your own trading knowledge and coding skills, if you want to build something that will be consistently profitable in order to maintain the challenge long-term.

Thank you for your reply.  Respectfully, I am simply wanting to establish whether or not anyone has ever seen real and consistent profits using any EA.   Your comment seems to acknowledge that everything for sale on the Market page is a scam.

If I'm wrong, please post proof.

rippin #: Thank you for your reply.  Respectfully, I am simply wanting to establish whether or not anyone has ever seen real and consistent profits using any EA.   Your comment seems to acknowledge that everything for sale on the Market page is a scam. If I'm wrong, please post proof.

No, they are not all a scam, and I have no need to show proof.

EAs are tools. They are only as good as the trader using them. If you don't know to use them properly, you will just be shooting yourself in the foot. A Bugatti Chiron may be very fast, but if you are not a good driver you will never reach its top speed and instead, you will crash and burn.

Your expectations are also unreasonable. Expecting a consistent minimum of 10% monthly profit and maximum of 5% drawdown is beyond what most retail traders can accomplish with their strategies, even with EAs. If it were something so easily accomplished then there would be many traders out there hitting it "big".

It is more reasonably (but still high) to expect an average of 1-2% profit per month with a maximum drawdown of 10%, but it depends on the proficiency of the trader, not the EA.

10% /month… every month and any month… I think impossible… EA is trading a strategy … if it is a trend following, EA will be profitable when market is trending … if is a range trade strategy, EA will trade better in ranging markets … as Fernando said… there is nothing like set and forget … for example a ranging market on a daily timeframe it might look like a trending in 5 min timeframe… but you should be there to spot that… off course that it might be EA’s that trades many strategies… but if you ask me, that would be like a Swiss Army knife… is doing a lot of things, but none of them great … 

Reason: