hi All i need help to correct and enhance this bot please

this a GPT bot

i need your help guys to correct errors and enhance the bot for best possible results (micro account)

// Define the currency pair to trade
string Symbol = "EURUSD";

// Define the period for the moving average
int MA_Period = 200;

// Define the lot size for each trade
double Lots = 0.01;

// Define the stop-loss level
double StopLoss = 20;

// Define the take-profit level
double TakeProfit = 40;

// Define the magic number for this bot
int MagicNumber = 123456;

// Define the moving average
double MA = iMA(Symbol, PERIOD_H1, MA_Period, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE);

// Check if the price is above the moving average
if (Close[0] > MA)
{
    // Buy
    int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol, OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, 3, 0, StopLoss, "My trend-following strategy", MagicNumber, 0, clrNONE);

// Set the take-profit level for the trade
    if (ticket > 0)
    {
        OrderModify(ticket, Bid, TakeProfit, StopLoss, 0, clrNONE);
    }
}
else
{
    // Sell
    int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol, OP_SELL, Lots, Bid, 3, 0, StopLoss, "My trend-following strategy", MagicNumber, 0, clrNONE);

// Set the take-profit level for the trade
    if (ticket > 0)
    {
        OrderModify(ticket, Ask, TakeProfit, StopLoss, 0, clrNONE);
    }
}

If it is the result of GPTChat bot (or any other code generator), then we can't help you.

Code generators, and especially GPTChat produce horrible code. It can't even differentiate between MQL4 and MQL5 and mixes them up.

Any advice we give you, you will not understand, nor be able to implement, precisely because you don't even know the basics.

You will have to learn to code in MQL yourself, or hire a proper human coder to code it for you.

Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers

Fernando Carreiro #:

If it is the result of GPTChat bot (or any other code generator), then we can't help you.

Code generators, and especially GPTChat produce horrible code. It can't even differentiate between MQL4 and MQL5 and mixes them up.

Any advice we give you, you will not understand, nor be able to implement, precisely because you don't even know the basics.

You will have to learn to code in MQL yourself, or hire a proper human coder to code it for you.

First of all

Thank you for replying to my request, and i have several questions to ask

1- Where or which resources can i use to learn to code MQL5 ?

2- which books or youtube channels do you recommend to better learn forex trading strategies?

thank you so much for your advice

Dhiaeddine Aweidet #: First of all. Thank you for replying to my request, and i have several questions to ask. 1- Where or which resources can i use to learn to code MQL5 ? 2- which books or youtube channels do you recommend to better learn forex trading strategies? thank you so much for your advice

The very first resource at you disposal is a web search, be it Google, Bing, or whatever. Search fro books, or videos on MQL5.

The second obvious resource is the Documentation that is available here on the site (and in the Help (F1) in MetaEditor).

There are also Articles about programming and examples in the CodeBase for you analyse.

As for Forex trading, I started my own journey with BabyPips School of Pipsology.

Reason: