Load profile before MT5 starts

Is it possible to load specific profile before MT5 starts

If i have Profile A B C, and profile A was active before i shut down MT5

now next time i want to open MT5 but with Profile B, is there any method such as any file i can create and upon clicking it recognize which profile to open

Arpit T: Is it possible to load specific profile before MT5 starts If i have Profile A B C, and profile A was active before i shut down MT5 now next time i want to open MT5 but with Profile B, is there any method such as any file i can create and upon clicking it recognize which profile to open

Yes! It is in the documentation about the command line parameters ... Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help

• /profile:profile name — running the platform with a definite profile. The profile must be pre-created and located in the /profiles/charts/ of the platform. For example, terminal.exe /profile:Euro.
  • Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
    • www.metatrader5.com
    After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use...

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes! It is in the documentation about the command line parameters ... Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help

• /profile:profile name — running the platform with a definite profile. The profile must be pre-created and located in the /profiles/charts/ of the platform. For example, terminal.exe /profile:Euro.
  • thanks  it gives me Invalid switch error

Arpit T #: thanks  it gives me Invalid switch error

You are using "start" incorrectly. Use the directory option so that the parameters will be properly identified ...

start /D "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\" terminal64.exe /profile:Default

Also instead of using a command line batch file, just update the shortcut file of the Windows menu to add the parameter.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Also instead of using a command line batch file, just update the shortcut file of the Windows menu to add the parameter.

worked perfectly. Thanks

Arpit T #: worked perfectly. Thanks

You are welcome!

Reason: