New CPU is better?

Hello everyone. I know that Mt4 is 32bit and only runs 1 core. Nobody tell me to switch to Mt5, I am aware of that.

Let's focus only on Mt4. I have several EAs, I can't edit or change them. I just want to know if a better CPU will make the backtesting work faster. I give the example a Xeon 2690 from 2012, an I7 5820K 2014, or an Intel Ryzen 5800x

I recently broke my i7 5820K computer, and I would like to know if there is a big difference with a ryzen 5800x. I guess a newer CPU with more IPC will do more things per cpu cycle.

Please don't tell me to optimize code or switch to Mt5, it's not an option for me. I guess the increased IPC of the new CPUs will make backtesting faster on Mt4.

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

Jesus Torres Parraga: I just want to know if a better CPU will make the backtesting work faster.
Yes, it will be faster but not by much. The difference will not be anything extraordinary.

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Jesus Torres Parraga:

Hello everyone. I know that Mt4 is 32bit and only runs 1 core. Nobody tell me to switch to Mt5, I am aware of that.

Let's focus only on Mt4. I have several EAs, I can't edit or change them. I just want to know if a better CPU will make the backtesting work faster. I give the example a Xeon 2690 from 2012, an I7 5820K 2014, or an Intel Ryzen 5800x

I recently broke my i7 5820K computer, and I would like to know if there is a big difference with a ryzen 5800x. I guess a newer CPU with more IPC will do more things per cpu cycle.

Please don't tell me to optimize code or switch to Mt5, it's not an option for me. I guess the increased IPC of the new CPUs will make backtesting faster on Mt4.

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

Intel do not make the  (Intel Ryzen 5800x) that is (AMD Ryzen).
It will help more when you are using more than one program or software (but as always there is a limit to what all CPU's and RAM can handle).
But changing one thing is not useful but? If you were going to change one thing, I would suggest looking into your RAM, see if you are able to upgrade your RAM (but again there is a limit to what all motherboards can handle, so you need to find out the motherboards RAM limit).
If you are going to upgrade, I suggest sticking with the intel i core products as there are newer versions of the i core products out. 
When buying or upgrading you need to remember three things, 1) Your choice of CPU, 2) The Motherboard compatible with the CPU, the RAM limit of the Motherboard. 3) The RAM you can afford. But "REMEMBER" the faster you go the higher the price $$$.

MAS-Trading #:

Intel do not make the  (Intel Ryzen 5800x) that is (AMD Ryzen).
It will help more when you are using more than one program or software (but as always there is a limit to what all CPU's and RAM can handle).
But changing one thing is not useful but? If you were going to change one thing, I would suggest looking into your RAM, see if you are able to upgrade your RAM (but again there is a limit to what all motherboards can handle, so you need to find out the motherboards RAM limit).
If you are going to upgrade, I suggest sticking with the intel i core products as there are newer versions of the i core products out. 
When buying or upgrading you need to remember three things, 1) Your choice of CPU, 2) The Motherboard compatible with the CPU, the RAM limit of the Motherboard. 3) The RAM you can afford. But "REMEMBER" the faster you go the higher the price $$$.

Obviously 5800X is AMD, obviously if I change the micro I change everything, motherboard, memory etc...

What I am asking is if there is a difference in performance between a CPU from 7 years ago and a current cpu like Ryzen 5800x, using mt4 backtesting

cpu test, single core performance test. There is my old Xeon, my broken I7 5820k, and the two alternatives, ryzen 5800x and the i7 11700. Ryzen is cheaper to assemble all the components. Is this benchmark comparable to the performance I can get on a ryzen 5800x compared to my old Xeon or i7 5820k?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/1223vs3869vs3896vs2340/Intel-Xeon-E5-2690-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-vs-Intel-i7-11700K-vs-Intel-i7-5820K

AMD has more cache l1 l2 and l3, I understand this has an influence

Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.90GHz vs AMD Ryzen 7 5800X vs Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz vs Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz [cpubenchmark.net] by PassMark Software
  • www.cpubenchmark.net
Comparing Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.90GHz vs AMD Ryzen 7 5800X vs Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz vs Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz
Reason: