migration

Hello,

My VPS will not migrate to my MT4, it's saying, the migration to virtual hosting failed, an old EX4 file version.
What do I do?

Files:

It doesn't say only that, it says something else too...

"Please recompile and migrate again"

Eleni Anna Branou #:

It doesn't say only that, it says something else too...

"Please recompile and migrate again"

Don't know what that means.
I am new to all of this. Learning how this works.

Thank you for answering.

kitherw68 #: Don't know what that means.

What part of “Please recompile and migrate again” was unclear to you?

William Roeder #:

What part of “Please recompile and migrate again” was unclear to you?

Yes, because I don't know how to do that. I am not computer literate. I am just learning how to use a computer.

kitherw68 #: Yes, because I don't know how to do that. I am not computer literate. I am just learning how to use a computer.

Then was the ".ex4" file given to you like that, or do you have the source code file for it that ends with ".mq4"?

If you only have the ".ex4" files, then there is nothing that can be done and you will have to contact the original author to request an update.

If you have a ".mq4" file for it, then you will need to open it in MetaEditor and re-compile it again to produce a new ".ex4" file.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then was the ".ex4" file given to you like that, or do you have the source code file for it that ends with ".mq4"?

If you only have the ".ex4" files, then there is nothing that can be done and you will have to contact the original author to request an update.

If you have a ".mq4" file for it, then you will need to open it in MetaEditor and re-compile it again to produce a new ".ex4" file.

I don't see the ".mq4" file at all

kitherw68 #: I don't see the ".mq4" file at all.

Then nothing can be done. You will have to contact the author and request an update or the source code.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then nothing can be done. You will have to contact the author and request an update or the source code.

Ok. Thank you very much.
Reason: