MQL programming include files missing

I came across some useful source code for an indicator I want to write. But this code has an include file I can not find in any installation I have. It is supposed to be in MQL5/Include. THE AUTHOR claims it is absolutely standard, part of the normal installation, but I can not see that it is.

#include <Indicators\Stochastic.mqh> is the file.

It is needed to reference this class:

CStochastic StochInd;

Can anyone tell me where to find this file and possible the class definition? (For the record, there are two other files missing: Volume.mqh and Stochastic.mqh but I guess if I find one I will find another) 

I Also did a RTFM and I found difficulty finding any reference to it anywhere. Why do I get the feeling I am making a schoolboy error here?

Stochastic Oscillator - Oscillators - Technical Indicators - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Stochastic Oscillator Technical Indicator compares where a security’s price closed relative to its price range over a given time period. The...

MikeDutton: I came across some useful source code for an indicator I want to write. But this code has an include file I can not find in any installation I have. It is supposed to be in MQL5/Include. #include <Indicators\Stochastic.mqh> is the file. It is needed to reference this class: CStochastic StochInd; Can anyone tell me where to find this file and possible the class definition? (For the record, there are two other files missing: Volume.mqh and Stochastic.mqh but I guess if I find one I will find another) I Also did a RTFM and I found difficulty finding any reference to it anywhere. Why do I get the feeling I am making a schoolboy error here?

It might be best to contact the author of the indicator code. There is usually a copyright notice and a maybe a link or email address in the header of the code.

Also ask, at the place you originally got it from.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It might be best to contact the author of the indicator code. There is usually a copyright notice and a maybe a link or email address in the header of the code.

Also ask, at the place you originally got it from.

The Author has told me it is absolutely standard. That I should ask MT5 Admin what has happened.

MikeDutton #: The Author has told me it is absolutely standard. That I should ask MT5 Admin what has happened.

Then please attach the files so that we can draw a better conclusion. As it is now, we are only speculating because there is no such file in a standard installation of MetaTrader, nor is there such a class in the standard library.

As a follow-up, there is however a "CiStochastic" class in the <Indicators\Oscilators.mqh> file.

Fernando Carreiro #:

As a follow-up, there is however a "CiStochastic" class in the <Indicators\Oscilators.mqh> file.

Here is the class.. everything is messed up.. even the ArraDouble file is different. I suspect some foul play here like a really obsolete library that has never been updated for literally years.

Files:

MikeDutton #: Here is the class.. everything is messed up.. even the ArraDouble file is different. I suspect some foul play here like a really obsolete library that has never been updated for literally years.

You stated in your original post that you did not have the "Stochastic.mqh", yet now you supply it. It is however just a declaration and has no implementation.

I asked for you to supply the main file in order to analyse it, but you did not do that and only say that you "suspect some foul play".

If there is "foul play", them it certainly is not related to the standard code installed with MetaTrader and we can't do much for you.

If this is something you purchased from someone, then take it up with the person you bought it from.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You stated in your original post that you did not have the "Stochastic.mqh", yet now you supply it. It is however just a declaration and has no implementation.

I asked for you to supply the main file in order to analyse it, but you did not do that and only say that you "suspect some foul play".

If there is "foul play", them it certainly is not related to the standard code installed with MetaTrader and we can't do much for you.

If this is something you purchased from someone, then take it up with the person you bought it from.

Yes, I persuaded the author to supply it, it was for free. The code implementation is apparently in the MQ5 standad lib, it isn't. I am as perlexed as you are. and foul play does not mean literally I just mean it is all nonsense and Fubarred. Or, a private library, or a mix of mq4 and 5

MikeDutton #: Yes, I persuaded the author to supply it, it was for free. The code implementation is apparently in the MQ5 standad lib, it isn't.

No, it is not in the standard library, as I have stated several times and you yourself have seen from searching the documentation and the files on your own computer.

I think it should be by clear now, that whomever is providing this to you, is either scamming you (if you paid money for it), or is someone that knows even less than you.

EDIT: Since you have thus far been unwilling to show us the main file, we can't do much more for you.

Reason: