I Will Code Your Strategy For Free - page 3

Keith Watford #:

I cannot direct you to another forum.

This thread is already being treated with suspicion by some moderators. This type of thread is often used by developers to get a list of people who they then send a PM offering the coding in exchange for money. This may or may not be the case here but if anyone reports such spam by PM the developer can expect to be banned.

i understand your suspicions. Honestly, i am fairly new to all this, and not accustomed to all the rules and regulations. I will never violate any of them knowingly, but if i ever do violate any, i just request you to warn me before taking any actions. 

if i repeat even after warning, you can take any appropriate action.

i sincerely am looking forward to making new codes and i will also share them, but i take it that i am among coders here so i shared my logic to approach the problem. and it is complete in its nature.

any coder, who knows mql5, can fill in the gaps and complete the code easily.

I shared the code(logically complete), and i also shared an executable to test. if you want me to publish full, compilable codes every time,  then i think i AM in the wrong room because i dont think i will be able to do that always.

i started this thread in hopes to be working with like minded people, think of new strategies and developing ways to approach them successfully, not to GIVE out fully coded softwares.

if  you think it is not acceptable, please delete this thread before i waste any more of your or my time on this. if you think i am within premise, let it continue....but dont expect me to publish fully compilable codes all the time. i will share code that addresses the problem.

If i want to sell, i will sell in the seller section, NOT HERE. 

i hope i was able to convey my point. thanks

Sandeep Bansal #:i understand your suspicions. Honestly, i am fairly new to all this, and not accustomed to all the rules and regulations. I will never violate any of them knowingly, but if i ever do violate any, i just request you to warn me before taking any actions. if i repeat even after warning, you can take any appropriate action.

You were warned from the start that the requirement was that the full source code was to be posted, but you chose to ignore that message from a moderator ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I Will Code Your Strategy For Free

Keith Watford, 2023.01.03 12:37

Please note that this is an open forum so requirements should be posted here and if you code anything you should also attach the source code here.

As an example of users who have done this before correctly, they received requests in the forum and then posted the resulting program (full source code) in the CodeBase (with a link in the original forum thread), for all to see and learn from.

That is the correct and best way to do it. What you are doing is not benefiting anyone, neither the ones who requested the coding, nor you doing the coding.

If you want to do it your way without providing source code, then use your profile "blog" or create a "group" for that. The forum is not the correct place.

Sandeep Bansal #:

heres the code u need

since u r not using any stop loss, i have included an overall equity fall value to terminate the ea. u can set it as u like, i made it user input.

when terminating, the ea will leave positions as it is, u will have to handle them manually.

also, if u open a manual position, that position will become the latest position and any subsequent positions will be opened from there.

also, i have made tp for first position and subsequent positions a user input so u can adjust them as u like.

same goes for price drop for new positions, u can modify that too

i have included an executable file for your testing.

settings can be changed while running the ea, but new settings will take effect on new positions not already opened positions.

let me know if u like it or if u want some changes.

i wont be able to share the code for the whole executable as it contains a lot of commercial code as well, but i have shared the code pertaining to your needs above.

u would just need to address the  GetTotalOpenPositions(), OpenABuyPosition(double lotSize, double SL, double TP) and GetLatestTicketNumber() functions.

there can be improvements to this, but i just coded exactly what u wanted for now.

tests shows it to work just like you wrote, but i will take ur word on it

<ex5 file deleted>

thank you so much my friend. you are great

Fernando Carreiro #:

You were warned from the start that the requirement was that the full source code was to be posted, but you chose to ignore that message from a moderator ...

As an example of users who have done this before correctly, they received requests in the forum and then posted the resulting program (full source code) in the CodeBase (with a link in the original forum thread), for all to see and learn from.

That is the correct and best way to do it. What you are doing is not benefiting anyone, neither the ones who requested the coding, nor you doing the coding.

If you want to do it your way without providing source code, then use your profile "blog" or create a "group" for that. The forum is not the correct place.

i did not choose to ignore the moderator, i simply didnt think he actually meant the complete compilable code.

if i chose to ignore, i wouldnt even post the code i did earlier.

BUT, anyways, 

Thank you so much for explaining what i need to do.

Points taken and Noted Sir!

Now, to prove my sincerity, i have modified my earlier post with the code as you instructed.

It Will compile as it is and will do all that was required of it.

It is the same code, just with the missing functions, which, any coder would have easily coded themselves too.

But, i understand, it may be against the rules here or something.

so, in accordance with your requirements, from now on, i will only accept requests here for which i can provide full code here, else i will simply deny it. ok?

i will look into starting a "blog" or a "group" as you suggested, that is, if i can get to understanding how to do it first.

also, i will try to put the code in "codebase", again, if i get to understanding how to do it first.

Sandeep Bansal:

Hi There

I want to improve my MQL5 Skills, but i can only think of as many strategies to code.

If you have a strategy you wanted tested out , blurt it out here, i will try to code it and send you a copy for testing.

You get a working copy of your strategy, i get to improve my coding skills, win-win for both....

so what are you waiting for .....go ahead....

Hello, can you write me a small script that won't allow me open more than 5 trades at a time?

max number of trades will not exceed 5 at a time

oluchristian #: Hello, can you write me a small script that won't allow me open more than 5 trades at a time? max number of trades will not exceed 5 at a time

That is not possible! No MQL program can prevent you from placing orders.

Instead, learn to have discipline in your trading.

oluchristian #:

Hello, can you write me a small script that won't allow me open more than 5 trades at a time?

max number of trades will not exceed 5 at a time

i think fernando is right. but still, a simple non stoping alert every tick can deter you from opening a trade like in this example

#include <Trade/Trade.mqh>

input int MaxOpenPositions = 5;

int OnInit()
{
   // Initialize the expert
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
}

void OnTick()
{
   // Get the total number of open positions
   int totalOpenPositions = PositionsTotal();

// Check if the total number of open positions has reached the user-specified maximum
   if (totalOpenPositions >= MaxOpenPositions)
   {
      // Pop up a warning message 
      Alert("Total open positions has reached the maximum of " + MaxOpenPositions);
   }
}

it wont stop you from making new trades, but i am sure u will find it annoying popping up each tick, hence u will either remove the ea, or reduce ur open trades.

i will try to find if theres a better solution.

Sandeep Bansal #:

i think fernando is right. but still, a simple non stoping alert every tick can deter you from opening a trade like in this example

it wont stop you from making new trades, but i am sure u will find it annoying popping up each tick, hence u will either remove the ea, or reduce ur open trades.

int totalOpenPositions = OrdersTotal();
You are mixing concepts here. Orders are not positions.

Enrique Dangeroux #:
You are mixing concepts here. Orders are not positions.

thanks for pointing it out, corrected .

Dear Master
I find this expert to manage basket of trading. It is very helpful. Would you please add take profit and stop loss bottom. And also trailing after some pip.

Thanks in advance
Extract profit down to the last pip
Extract profit down to the last pip
  • www.mql5.com
The article describes an attempt to combine theory with practice in the algorithmic trading field. Most of discussions concerning the creation of Trading Systems is connected with the use of historic bars and various indicators applied thereon. This is the most well covered field and thus we will not consider it. Bars represent a very artificial entity; therefore we will work with something closer to proto-data, namely the price ticks.
Reason: