Running 2 EA's that intentionally conflict

Hello, 

I'm currently running an EA with my funded account, but my funding company said I need to limit my trades to 50 per day. 

If I run an EA on a different computer that doesn't allow trading after 50 trades per day, would it void out the other EA's function until the following day? 

Thanks, 

Quiddity

Quinn Cameron Roberts: I'm currently running an EA with my funded account, but my funding company said I need to limit my trades to 50 per day. If I run an EA on a different computer that doesn't allow trading after 50 trades per day, would it void out the other EA's function until the following day?  

No! An EA is not able to prevent another EA on another computer from placing more trades after reaching a limit of 50.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No! An EA is not able to prevent another EA on another computer from placing more trades after reaching a limit of 50.

Gotcha, Thank you!

Quinn Cameron Roberts #:

Gotcha, Thank you!

as a suggestion, (considering you are programming the EA, or have access to its source code [to modify it]) you can implement on both AE a function to CheckHistory on that account

by doing it, both EA will know [by checking history] how many trades were done, and this is the best way for you to keep control of it

take a look at the function HistorySelect() and some use cases examples here on the forum. That is the way to go. :) 

Reference:

historyselect

Documentation on MQL5: Trade Functions / HistorySelect
Documentation on MQL5: Trade Functions / HistorySelect
  • www.mql5.com
HistorySelect - Trade Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: