question about coding an EA MQ4?

Hi all ,

i'm a beginner in coding and my question is:

i've got an EA but only the EX4, i just want to "upgrade" it by just making a tool that can give me the opportunity to select the hours of trading for my EA.

I manage to do it on my own ea mql4 and it workd , but is it possible to do it on a EX4? if yes can you give me the fonction.

then i'll work on it.

thanks guys i'll appreciate your help.

have a good day

Hello. It is only possible to rewrite this EA from scratch

mika33:

Hi all ,

i'm a beginner in coding and my question is:

i've got an EA but only the EX4, i just want to "upgrade" it by just making a tool that can give me the opportunity to select the hours of trading for my EA.

I manage to do it on my own ea mql4 and it workd , but is it possible to do it on a EX4? if yes can you give me the fonction.

then i'll work on it.

thanks guys i'll appreciate your help.

have a good day

You could have your own EA which loads a template on the chart with the EA, with trading disabled/enabled or the code could just close the chart.
But, you'd need to find out how that might affect the EAs open trades etc.

If you don’t have the code, you cannot modify it or add any functions. You can write it from the scratch if you know the specification.
Or you can go around this – to create the EA which limit the “trading” times, but it will turn on/off te autotrading button or remove the EA from the chart on chosen times – but this is more global management so this will affect whole plaform.

Reason: