Import ticks data

Hi, I have several questions about ticks importation (I use Python but I think mql5 programmers can answer it easily also).

When I import the ticks, I have several information (time, bid, ask, last, volume, time_msc, flags, volume_real):

1) What represent the "last" column?

2) Why the last, volume and volume_real are always equal to 0?

3) What is the difference between volume and volume_Real?

4) How can I understand the flags columns without the code? Where are them? I have only find the attached information?

Thanks in advance

You can find all the answers and a lot more in the reference.

Either place the cursor on MqlTicks or CopyTicks and press F1 or read this: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/structures/mqltick.

The links will answer even more questions.

BTW this is the List of all functions with short descriptions. One can search for keywords just with Ctrl+F

Beside hat there is already a lot written about MQL5 and Python: https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=python

Dokumentation zu MQL5: Konstanten, Enumerationen und Strukturen / Datenstrukturen / Struktur fuer Erfassung der laufenden Preise
Dokumentation zu MQL5: Konstanten, Enumerationen und Strukturen / Datenstrukturen / Struktur fuer Erfassung der laufenden Preise
  • www.mql5.com
Struktur fuer Erfassung der laufenden Preise - Datenstrukturen - Konstanten, Enumerationen und Strukturen - Nachschlagewerk MQL5 - Nachschlagewerk über die Sprache des algothitmischen/automatischen Handels für MetaTrader 5

Carl Schreiber #:

You can find all the answers and a lot more in the reference.

Either place the cursor on MqlTicks or CopyTicks and press F1 or read this: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/structures/mqltick.

The links will answer even more questions.

BTW this is the List of all functions with short descriptions. One can search for keywords just with Ctrl+F

Beside hat there is already a lot written about MQL5 and Python: https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=python

There is no answer to my questions in the documentation, especially about 2) and 4), that's why, I ask the question in the forum. I have already check about the documentation you sent me. If you have the answer just give it briefly and I will look aboutmore information about that please. Because, now I do not find anything about that in the documentation 

1. Last price used by certain exchanges (e.g. stocks) — Price Data - For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  2. Not always, depends on symbol and exchange — For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  3. One is the tick volume (e.g. on Forex and CFDs), and the is the real trade volume (e.g. Stocks) — Price Data - For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  4. Please reference the MQL5 Python documentation for more information — Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / copy_ticks_from

TICK_FLAG defines possible flags for ticks. These flags are used to describe ticks obtained by the copy_ticks_from() and copy_ticks_range() functions.

ID

Description

TICK_FLAG_BID

Bid price changed

TICK_FLAG_ASK

Ask price changed

TICK_FLAG_LAST

Last price changed

TICK_FLAG_VOLUME

Volume changed

TICK_FLAG_BUY

last Buy price changed

TICK_FLAG_SELL

last Sell price changed

Also, I suggest doing some extra research on actual trading terms and their meaning.

Lucas INGLESE #: There is no answer to my questions in the documentation, especially about 2) and 4), that's why, I ask the question in the forum. I have already check about the documentation you sent me. If you have the answer just give it briefly and I will look aboutmore information about that please. Because, now I do not find anything about that in the documentation 
Yes there is. You just did not research it properly.

Forum MQL5
Forum MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 : Forum sur les systèmes de trading automatisé et les tests de stratégie

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. Last price used by certain exchanges (e.g. stocks) — Price Data - For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  2. Not always, depends on symbol and exchange — For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  3. One is the tick volume (e.g. on Forex and CFDs), and the is the real trade volume (e.g. Stocks) — Price Data - For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  4. Please reference the MQL5 Python documentation for more information — Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / copy_ticks_from

TICK_FLAG defines possible flags for ticks. These flags are used to describe ticks obtained by the copy_ticks_from() and copy_ticks_range() functions.

ID

Description

TICK_FLAG_BID

Bid price changed

TICK_FLAG_ASK

Ask price changed

TICK_FLAG_LAST

Last price changed

TICK_FLAG_VOLUME

Volume changed

TICK_FLAG_BUY

last Buy price changed

TICK_FLAG_SELL

last Sell price changed

Also, I suggest doing some extra research on actual trading terms and their meaning.

Thanks for your answer. However, maybe I insist but on the documentation we do not have the code the the flag: Tick_flag_bid = bid price changed, I haver already found this alone but I have 1,134 or number like this for the flag code not TICK_FLAG_BID or something else. SO, how to relate the ID to the CODE as for the last_error function for example (1 = success)

Fernando Carreiro #:
Yes there is. You just did not research it properly.

Really, thank you for your answer (above) it was really clear. Thanks 

Lucas INGLESE #: Thanks for your answer. However, maybe I insist but on the documentation we do not have the code the the flag: Tick_flag_bid = bid price changed, I haver already found this alone but I have 1,134 or number like this for the flag code not TICK_FLAG_BID or something else. SO, how to relate the ID to the CODE as for the last_error function for example (1 = success)

Reference the MQL5 equivalent function for more information on how to use the flags:

Reason: