Bug Report List: Build 140

Hi,

I've been having some problems with assigning variables to arrays. If an attempt is made to compile the following:

1. double signal01 = 0.4;
2. double signal02 = 0.7;
3. double results[] = {0.4, 0.7}; // No Problems...
5. double results01[] = {signal01, signal02}; // Errors! (See below)

I get the following errors on line 5:
'signal02' - variable is already defined
'}' - comma or semicolon expected

If I assign the variables to the array using the other method - i.e:
1. double signal01 = 0.4;
2. double signal02 = 0.7;
3. double results[] = {0.4, 0.7};
5. double results01[2];
6. results01[0] = signal01;
7. results01[1] = signal02;

I don't have any problems. I'm presuming this is a bug but if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate someone letting me know?

Cheers!

Coen Willemse

arrays, static and external variables can be initialized with constants only

Ah - that explains a lot! Thanx

Here's another one for you. If I use one of the following commands to get user input:

extern string stuff = "SDFSDFGSGFS";

or simply

extern string stuff;

and start the expert, the expert startup page (where you can fill in all the expert options) won't allow me to change the string. If I use any other types of "extern" type variable declarations, (e.g double, int etc), I can change the user options at will. Is this a bug or is it not possible to get user input in 'sting' format?

there is bug and we are fixing it now. wait for next build

Thanks!

Hi,

There still seems to be a problem with the 'extern string' side of things. It appears that if the string is initialized using either:

extern string stuff;
or extern string stuff = "";

the user input screen will allow you to input a string but 'stuff' will not be assigned to the value that is input and a "not initialized string" error is generated. If the string is initialized using:

extern string stuff = "some default stringy thingy";

everything works fine

Ooopps - this should have been put under the Bug report list: 141.... will do that now to save confusion.
Reason: