Macbook M2 or Dell I7 - Backtest Real Tick

Good morning guys, all right?

I have a doubt, I'm currently making robots and I use backtest on every tick with real time ("Every tick based on real ticks")

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 14 5457 with 16gb of ram, I found that the backtest takes a long time and I am willing to invest in a new notebook to better serve it.

I found that the Macbook M2 8gb of ram and 512gb of space is a good machine, but my doubt follows, is it good for backtesting? Is this investment worth it?

(I'm a layman on this question, so I really appreciate your understanding in helping me, and if you could answer me in detail it would be very useful to decide)

Thank you very much :)

MicheliBarcello: I have a doubt, I'm currently making robots and I use backtest on every tick with real time ("Every tick based on real ticks") I currently have a Dell Inspiron 14 5457 with 16gb of ram, I found that the backtest takes a long time and I am willing to invest in a new notebook to better serve it. I found that the Macbook M2 8gb of ram and 512gb of space is a good machine, but my doubt follows, is it good for backtesting? Is this investment worth it? (I'm a layman on this question, so I really appreciate your understanding in helping me, and if you could answer me in detail it would be very useful to decide) Thank you very much :)

Most of the time, the "slowness" of back-tests is not due to low performance of you computer (and your computers are in no way low performing), but due the EA code itself being of low quality. Many EAs are badly coded and highly inefficient.

The most common mistake is checking and calculating things on every tick when it is only necessary to update the values once per bar, but there are also other common mistakes that are made when coding EAs that also affect back-testing speed.

Most of the EAs found in the CodeBase and Market are made by average coders with mediocre experience. Very few are by highly skilled software developers that have the necessary experience and knowledge to create highly efficient EAs.

Reason: