Does a Deal generated by a successful (first) Order, always result in an open Position?

This is one thing I can't find the answer.  Is it possible for a first Deal NOT to open a Position?  I am trying to get Position/Deal history in order to NOT open a second position within the same hour.  Since MQL5 does not seem to have a Position History like MQL4 did, I want to be sure that I am getting info from the last open Position.  Thanks.

omega13lives: This is one thing I can't find the answer.  Is it possible for a first Deal NOT to open a Position?  I am trying to get Position/Deal history in order to NOT open a second position within the same hour.  Since MQL5 does not seem to have a Position History like MQL4 did, I want to be sure that I am getting info from the last open Position.  Thanks.

On a Netting account, the first Deal of the first Order will always result in a new position! Subsequent deals and orders will update the existing position (provided it is for the same symbol).

On a Hedging account, the first Deal of any Order will always result in a new position (unless it is an Order to close a position).