How does metatrader optimize strategies?

How dos metatrader optimize strategies? (basic loops?, dynamic programming?)

gouki1001: How dos metatrader optimize strategies? (basic loops?, dynamic programming?)
I suggest reading the documentation — Strategy Optimization - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help

Fernando Carreiro #:
I suggest reading the documentation — Strategy Optimization - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help

Thank you Ill check this out now.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It doesnt seem to say. it dos mention agents and parrallel processing but Im asking about the inner workings.

Did you actually read?

From the link:

Optimization means multiple runs of an Expert Advisor using history data with different sets of parameters, ...

Enrique Dangeroux #:

Did you actually read?

From the link:

You can run something with different paremeters and use other methods with that to arrive at an optimum. If you think thats all they are doing then let me know.

gouki1001 #: You can run something with different paremeters and use other methods with that to arrive at an optimum. If you think thats all they are doing then let me know.

How about actually running a few optimisations of your own to see how it works?

Just use an example EA provided and test it out. Fiddle with it and see how it works.

Fernando Carreiro #:

How about actually running a few optimisations of your own to see how it works?

Just use an example EA provided and test it out. Fiddle with it and see how it works.

Ive optimised my code before I just was curious about its methodology.

gouki1001 #: Ive optimised my code before I just was curious about its methodology.

What "methodology"?

For a Slow Complete optimisation it simply runs every single combination requested.

Only when doing the Fast Genetic optimisation does it apply an adaptive search algorithm as described in the documentation, but there should also be an article or two about it.

Is that what you want to know?

Reason: