For a lot of long -short position of the same variety, What about the execution speed of the PositionCloseBy and the PositionClose?

Without considering asynchronous transactions,  For a lot of long -short position of the same variety,  What about the execution speed of the PositionCloseBy and the PositionClose?

I haven't tried it on real account. 

According to my understanding, PositationCloseby is hedging with myself, and PositionClose is hedging with others. Theoretically, PositionCloseby should be faster.

Does anyone studied this?

Yu Zhang:

Without considering asynchronous transactions,  For a lot of long -short position of the same variety,  What about the execution speed of the PositionCloseBy and the PositionClose?

I haven't tried it on real account. 

According to my understanding, PositationCloseby is hedging with myself, and PositionClose is hedging with others. Theoretically, PositionCloseby should be faster.

either way trades still have to be done with your broker so it is unlikely there is any difference

Yu Zhang: Without considering asynchronous transactions,  For a lot of long -short position of the same variety,  What about the execution speed of the PositionCloseBy and the PositionClose? I haven't tried it on real account. 

The main advantage of PositionCloseBy is mainly for an initial quick "freezing" the gains with a single order in the opposite direction (and sometimes saving on trading costs), but the actual processing of closing all the individual positions using PositionCloseBy takes just as much time as a normal PositionClose.

Reason: