Best to ensure most ticks are processed?

I have a question if I have an EA which scenario will process the most ticks.

#1 SCENARIO- Add a code to the EA to trade different timeframes and symbols I want.

#2 SCENARIO- Open the different charts and just use the EA as it is.

Derrick Mutange: I have a question if I have an EA which scenario will process the most ticks. #1 SCENARIO- Add a code to the EA to trade different timeframes and symbols I want. #2 SCENARIO- Open the different charts and just use the EA as it is.
Your question is not clear. Please elaborate.

Derrick Mutange:I have a question if I have an EA which scenario will process the most ticks. #1 SCENARIO- Add a code to the EA to trade different timeframes and symbols I want. #2 SCENARIO- Open the different charts and just use the EA as it is.

If properly programmed, both scenarios can process ALL the tick data without missing any. If however, it is incorrectly programmed, both scenarios can miss out on tick data.

As a side note, scenario #1 will be single-threaded and scenario #2 will be multi-threaded.

PS! I am assuming this is a MT5 question and not MT4.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If properly programmed, both scenarios can process ALL the tick data without missing any. If however, it is incorrectly programmed, both scenarios can miss out on tick data.

As a side note, scenario #1 will be single-threaded and scenario #2 will be multi-threaded.

PS! I am assuming this is a MT5 question and not MT4.

Yes its a MT5 question thank you so much so which is better?

An EA can access (use) indicators even of different timeframes and they need not to run on a (different) chart as they are processed in parallel threads.

Please note that as per @Carl Schreiber post #4 below, for scenario #1 when using separate indicators to trigger custom chart events for tick processing of other symbols in the EA, then each trigger indicator will run on the symbol's own thread, but the EA itself will still only be single threaded for all the symbols combined, unlike the scenario #2 where each symbol will have its own dedicated EA, each on its own thread.
Reason: