Limit order backtesting

Forgive me if this is totally obvious to the rest of you: My experts using limit orders, never seem to take any trades at all on MT4. Is this is a known limitation? I can't find anything to suggest limit orders are not supported in backtesting, but grateful for any insight. Luck to all!

jepper: Forgive me if this is totally obvious to the rest of you: My experts using limit orders, never seem to take any trades at all on MT4. Is this is a known limitation? I can't find anything to suggest limit orders are not supported in backtesting, but grateful for any insight. Luck to all!

You can use pending orders, be it stop or limit order in the strategy tester. If they are are not being triggered then the wrong price is being set or their price target is not being reached. Put in some prints to find out why.

Fernando Carreiro #:

You can use pending orders, be it stop or limit order in the strategy tester. If they are are not being triggered then the wrong price is being set or their price target is not being reached. Put in some prints to find out why.

I should have added, in live trading, orders are filled, so this is why I am wondering - only in backtest no orders are hit. Thanks Fernando as always!

Does it matter than the EA runs on a timer? It sets the limit order, and then every 10 seconds it's adjusted until the order is hit, or the system decides the signal is no longer valid.
Reason: