VPS Ping

Hello,

which ping is the correct one?

Top left or corner right?

Because in the right corner it show about 90ms. And on top about 2 ms, like shown in the Screenshot...

Thanks

Daniel Zinndorf:

Hello,

which ping is the correct one?

Top left or corner right?

Because in the right corner it show about 90ms. And on top about 2 ms, like shown in the Screenshot...

Thanks

For me it's the ping at the bottom right of the app. It is the ping between the application and the server.

Anthony De Barros #:

For me it's the ping at the bottom right of the app. It is the ping between the application and the server.

Ok, thanks. Then the ping is really bad...

Daniel Zinndorf: which ping is the correct one? Top left or corner right? Because in the right corner it show about 90ms. And on top about 2 ms, like shown in the Screenshot...

The ping in the bottom right is the ping between YOUR PC and the trade server. It has nothing to do with the VPS.

The other ping is the average or expected ping between the VPS and the trade server. That is the ping you will get when you migrate your EA to that VPS. Your own ping is irrelevant at that point.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The ping in the bottom right is the ping between YOUR PC and the trade server. It has nothing to do with the VPS.

The other ping is the average or expected ping between the VPS and the trade server. That is the ping you will get when you migrate your EA to that VPS. Your own ping is irrelevant at that point.

Ah, thanks for clarify this...

Hey,

another question...I have an mql5 vps running. can I close mt5? the server still running?

and I can shut down my MacBook too?

thanks, still a beginner...;-)

At the end of the migration to a MQ-VPS on the local terminal AutoTrade is switched off to prevent that the signals is proceeded twice. So you can shut off you local MacBook.

Carl Schreiber #:
At the end of the migration to a MQ-VPS on the local terminal AutoTrade is switched off to prevent that the signals is proceeded twice. So you can shut off you local MacBook.
ok, thanks. you mean algo trading? but I need this to be on, because of an ea...

Daniel Zinndorf #: ok, thanks. you mean algo trading? but I need this to be on, because of an ea...

If you migrated correctly, "algo trading" will be ON automatically at the VPS, so on your machine it should be set to off after the migration to prevent duplicate trades coming from both the VPS and your machine.

However, if you are running a completely different and unrelated EA on your machine, then that is different.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you migrated correctly, "algo trading" will be ON automatically at the VPS, so on your machine it should be set to off after the migration to prevent duplicate trades coming from both the VPS and your machine.

However, if you are running a completely different and unrelated EA on your machine, then that is different.

ok, its the same es.

but I have to start the ea on my machine, therefor the algo trading has to be on...

I think I misunderstood something.

Daniel Zinndorf #: ok, its the same es. but I have to start the ea on my machine, therefor the algo trading has to be on... I think I misunderstood something.

Please clarify! Did you correctly follow the procedure to migrate your EA to the MQL5 VPS service or not?

If you did, then you no longer need it to be active on your machine as it is already active on the VPS. In fact it should be stopped on your machine to prevent duplicate trading.

Reason: