Push Notifications Stopped Working [RESOLVED]

Putting this information here to help others. If you happen to have a similar situation - this may help. 

My push notifications were working fine up until 2022.07.27 and then they suddenly stopped. No explanation. I thought it was the broker so I got in touch with them. I tried another terminal on a different system but same issue. I then realized that push was working from the same account to other devices. 

What I wanted to do at that point was change my MQID - but then I'm finding that may not be possible. The MQID is tied to the device you're using - so you'd have to replace the device to change the MQID. This also means any messages/spam you may get will keep coming through. So was at a loss, but at least I knew my MQID or device was the problem.

After not getting anywhere, I decided to tinker. So here's what worked for me. This is general so it can be applied to any device.

----------------

iOS - Delete the MT4/5 app and reinstall.

Android - Either delete and reinstall, or clear cache and data in settings. 

----------------

For some reason the app seemed to have an issue. Trades could be executed fine, but no notifications worked. Once information was cleared it was just a matter of inputting the account details again. This worked for me and fixed the issues. Push notifications are working again. 

Ensure you check the JOURNAL tab in MT4/5 to verify that the messages are sent. Once you confirm - troubleshoot from there. If all else fails - just delete/reinstall on your mobile. If you have lots of accounts it may be tedious to input the data again, but it's better to get your notifications from your EA/indicator than not get them at all. 

Reason: