SymbolInfoDouble(EURUSD,SYMBOL_BID) in strategy tester

Hello,

There is a problem in my testing. Any guide is appreciated.

My chart is on EURJPY and I need to know EURUSD rate in my EA. I get EURUSD rate with SymbolInfoDouble(EURUSD,SYMBOL_BID) and it works perfect while using EA. But when I run strategy tester, output of SymbolInfoDouble(EURUSD,SYMBOL_BID) is zero. What could be the problem?

Mansour Mansouri:Hello, There is a problem in my testing. Any guide is appreciated. My chart is on EURJPY and I need to know EURUSD rate in my EA. I get EURUSD rate with SymbolInfoDouble(EURUSD,SYMBOL_BID) and it works perfect while using EA. But when I run strategy tester, output of SymbolInfoDouble(EURUSD,SYMBOL_BID) is zero. What could be the problem?

MT4 does not keep history of tick data, like MT5 does, and given that the MT4 Strategy Tester is not muti-symbol, it only generates virtual ticks for the symbol being tested and not any other.

On MT4, you can only get OHLC data for other symbols, not tick data.

Fernando Carreiro #:

MT4 does not keep history of tick data, like MT5 does, and given that the MT4 Strategy Tester is not muti-symbol, it only generates virtual ticks for the symbol being tested and not any other.

On MT4, you can only get OHLC data for other symbols, not tick data.

Thanks

Mansour Mansouri #:Thanks
You are welcome!
Reason: