EA Genetic optimization needs better load balancing for local network farm agents - page 2

Dominik Christian Egert #:

I understood "... worth checking if that is an option" as an advice to go forward on the OPs issue.

I cannot see your question, somehow. Maybe you could give a hint on what you have asked.

"So I was wondering whether it could be possible to install an external load balancer in front of your servers?"

You clearly read it as you had plenty to say about it...

In fact your earlier  advice really adds a sense of irony here... have you considered following any of it?

"Maybe, before stating any answer,  some research on what has been asked, would have stopped your thinking process before giving an advice..."

"Be precise" [https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/428540]

Good.

I see what you have asked. Failed to swing into that vibe.

I will need to pay more attention.

Good.

I see what you have asked. Failed to swing into that vibe.

I will need to pay more attention.

Nevermind - enjoy the rest of your weekend...

R4tna C #:

Nevermind - enjoy the rest of your weekend...

thank you.

You too.

To clarify the process involved:

A "master" Terminal, which gathers all network agents, will compose workload batches and distribute these to the agents available.

If for some reason an agent is done with it's work, it would need to inform the master for it to be done.

Now the master would need to retreat work load from agents which still have some undone work, and then reassign these workloads to the free agents.

Show me a load balancer that's capable of doing that.

This is the kind of idea that, I think, would work. Given how much calculation is required for optimization anyway,  a little more back-and-forth on the network and caching of the results seems negligible.

Or, the "master" could simply send out 1-5 processes at a time to agents, and send another batch when the agents send a "available" signal.

Is there any hope that this kind of solution can be worked on and implemented at some point in the future? I wouldn't even mind working on it myself if MT5 was available in a public code repository.

Reason: