Discussion of article "Indicators with on-chart interactive controls"

New article Indicators with on-chart interactive controls has been published:

The article offers a new perspective on indicator interfaces. I am going to focus on convenience. Having tried dozens of different trading strategies over the years, as well as having tested hundreds of different indicators, I have come to some conclusions I want to share with you in this article.

Another method is, in my opinion, simpler and at the same time more interactive. It involves changing the period by a trader, albeit in a more convenient form. After all, no matter how smart the algorithm is, traders still know better what indicator settings they need, and our task is to help them and facilitate the process. To change the period, we will use scrolling with the mouse wheel. The scrolling mode itself will be activated by turning on the button right on the chart.

GIF_01

The image shows how easy it is to change the indicator period with a single movement. Simply activate the button of the necessary indicator and scroll the mouse wheel in the desired direction. You can also set a necessary period change step. You can also change the period of several indicators at once by simply activating the necessary buttons. These features are great for the strategy described above. For example, you can set the step for changing the fast line to 1 and the slow line to 2, enable scrolling for both lines, and easily change their periods at the same time keeping the ratio 1/2.

Author: Aleksandr Kononov

Reason: