Problem with signal information - initial deposit vs current balance

I have a question regarding the signal I just published for follow up purposes: [...]

I have been working on this strategy for about one year and in April it went live with small lot sizes and a deposit of 2000 BRL. I monitored it and made a few adjustments along the way and increased the deposit to 4, 5, then 6000 BRL, with corresponding lot sizes.

The problem is, there was a drawdown of 2097 at some point and the signal data interprets as an 100% loss. This is inaccurate, as the deposit was already 5000 at this point.

I am not sure if this might be something in the broker side. I keep my deposit value locked for margin control purposes. The balance in the broker account and the MQL5 account are not the same, the latter being much lower. Also, because of this, the MQL5 account is cleared every 24h, with profits going to the main account and losses coming from it, so the MQL5 balance remains constant.

Is there any way to monitor the signal performance based on the relative balance instead of the initial deposit? This in itself can be quite misleading anyway.

• Your signal started to be monitored on this Friday (day before yesterday) only (and today is Sunday).
    So, it is too early  to say about performance (because 1 day of monitoring is nothing for this signal system). You should wait for few days because the system may recalculate the stats.
  • Besides, the system discovered that you lost initial deposit, and initial deposit was 2 000.00 BRL, so that is why you have -100% .
  • For more information about how it is calculated - look at Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

There is one recommendation: start trading in the time of the signal monitoring. It means: you created the signal, and after that only you made a first trade.
And the deposit/withrdawal (balance operations) should limited as much as possible on the trading account with the signals.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Discover in 15 Minutes: Watch the Video about Trading Signals in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 The most frequently asked questions related to the S...

Sergey Golubev #:
  • Your signal started to be monitored on this Friday (day before yesterday) only (and today is Sunday).
    So, it is too early  to say about performance (because 1 day of monitoring is nothing for this signal system). You should wait for few days because the system may recalculate the stats.
  • Besides, the system discovered that you lost initial deposit, and initial deposit was 2 000.00 BRL, so that is why you have -100% .
  • For more information about how it is calculated - look at Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

There is one recommendation: start trading in the time of the signal monitoring. It means: you created the signal, and after that only you made a first trade.
And the deposit/withrdawal (balance operations) should limited as much as possible on the trading account with the signals.

Thank you for the clarification.

So does this mean that I need to reset the account and create a new signal to avoid being stuck at -100%?

Reason: