MQL5 strategy tester results

Hi 

I am new to mql5 and mt5 and just have a general question regarding back testing and the mt5 strategy tester. I have coded my first expert advisor. It looks for breakouts of the us500 5m chart after the us markets open. I've spent alot of time backtesting and optimizing the strategy using the Ava trade mt5 demo platform. The back test performs about 380 trades over a three year period. 

My question is around how reliable the mt5 strategy tester is and how representative it is of a live environment. Are there any factors the demo strategy tester wont account for. I'm particular concerned about spread. Would the demo strategy tester account for spread in the results?

Thanks 

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Jon de :
Hi 

I am new to mql5 and mt5 and just have a general question regarding back testing and the mt5 strategy tester . I have coded my first expert advisor. It looks for breakouts of the us500 5m chart after the us markets open. I've spent alot of time backtesting and optimizing the strategy using the Ava trade mt5 demo platform. The back test performs about 380 trades over a three year period . 

My question is around how reliable the mt5 strategy tester is and how representative it is of a live environment. Are there any factors the demo strategy tester wont account for. I'm particular concerned about spread. Would the demo strategy tester account for spread in the results?

Thanks 

Run tests in the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode - this is the highest quality testing method.

Vladimir Karputov #:

Run tests in the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode - this is the highest quality testing method.

Thank you very much.

my test robot does not run, it only play sound and stop. pleas what do i do?

egrebet2 # :
my test robot does not run, it only play sound and stop. pleas what do i do?

Examine the log files. Attach log files and advisor file.

Please can i trade robot with $150
Reason: