Self-learning the MQL5 language from scratch - page 50

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Let's approach trailing stop step by step. Now I propose you to write the trailing stop algorithm on paper: make a detailed requirements specification, point by point, without the code of how it should work. We will work with this in the future.

OK, Vasiliy! I'll need some more time to read the literature on trailing stops and write up the terms of reference in detail.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
He wasn't going to. He would have blocked the flow of the script and would have pulled the trading environment in a perpetual loop. I mean, all at once in a brutal way.
With pauses.)

Okay. It's settled. Business is calling. Good luck.

I started to thoroughly study Dmitry Fedoseyev's article "How to Create a Trailing Stop".

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

I started to thoroughly study Dmitry Fedoseyev's article "How to Create a Trailing Stop".

Regards, Vladimir.

Just read the first part, what is Trailing Stop and that's all. Do not cover technical issues. There's more about OOP, don't talk about it.

Vasiliy Sokolov:
Just read the first part, what is trailing and that's all. Do not touch upon technical questions. There's more on OOP, don't talk about it.

Thank you, Vasiliy, for your timely advice! But this from the article can already be included in the TOR(terms of reference):

As mentioned above, there are many types of trailing stops, but they all have common functional points

• Defining the type (direction) of the position;
  • determination of the current Stop Loss level of a position;
  • calculation of a new Stop Loss level;
  • check for the necessity of changing the current Stop Loss level;
  • modification of the Stop Loss level for a position.
Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

Hello Alexey! Yes, that's right, I have higher technical education connected with automation of processes in production and work experience as an electronic engineer in the organisation which was engaged, in the same Soviet times, in repair of ECM.

Regards, Vladimir

Hello Vladimir, I have the same education, automation of technological processes, and if you remember it was a lot of seemingly useless hours of work organization, ie how and what tools more effectively apply, what I mean by that you need first of all to focus on understanding the essence of the question, understanding it and start looking for the right "tool" to solve the problem. But it's no use cramming all the "tools" into a row, there are thousands of them, and you often have to look them all up in the reference book.)

For example; recently "if" was considered "if" and you've been shown a few examples of how to type "I'll learn MQL". Surprisingly they all work, but only one of them really works, because string... is used when working with text data and so on, you'll find the right solution if you understand it) Good luck!

VVT:

Hello Vladimir, I have the same education, automation of technological processes) and if you remember there were many seemingly useless hours of work organization, ie how and what tools are more effective to apply, what I mean is that you need first of all to focus on understanding the essence of the question, understanding it and start looking for the right "tool" to solve the problem. But it's no use cramming all the "tools" into a row, there are thousands of them, and you often have to look them all up in the reference book.)

For example; recently "if" was considered "if" and you've been shown a few examples of how to type "I'll learn MQL". Surprisingly they all work, but only one of the last really works, because string... is used when working with text data and so on, you'll find the right solution if you understand it) Good luck!

Hello! When at the institute I was specializing, the APT teachers taught us this: "We give you a direction, and all the necessary information you are looking for yourself". I'm still following roughly the same principle. I do not learn everything in a row, because my brain can explode, but I search for information step by step. APP-shniki is the abbreviated name of the Automation of Production Processes Department.

Oh, and by the way, a special thanks to Peter, because he insisted that the script code has the right logic.

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

Oh, and by the way, special thanks to Peter, as he was the one who insisted that the script code had the right logic to work.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

It's the same with programming, you can use different variants of code to get the same result, the question is which one is right ) Petr's opinion is not always clear to me, especially since he is an MQL4 practitioner.

Doesn't anyone have a summer house? Or just go for a walk with his wife.

Reason: