Why are there such tricks with degrees? - page 4

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You think you know what a complex number is and are in 7th heaven and think there are idiots around who don't know what a complex number is? Is that your superlative achievement? You've learned some formulas, you've learned to manipulate them, but you don't have a living understanding of mathematics at all.

And with matcad, you don't even seem to know how to manipulate formulas.

Yes, yes, yes ... you are the only expert in all fields of human knowledge, in all the sciences, arts, painting, music, literature, history, archaeology ...

There is NO field where you are not an expert!!! Only you, like the chosen one, are given the divine gift of a living understanding of mathematics, physics, chemistry and other sciences!!!

This is a diagnosis.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Above showed how a simple non-contradictory manipulation resolves this contradiction. And yes one gets a proof of the equality of the unit and the imaginary unit.

Let's say okay, when doesn't it make sense? When exactly?

Obviously when you have to raise a negative number to a non-integer degree. It is impossible to define for X<0 F(X,Y)=X^Y as a continuous function. Of course, you can define it for a part of rational Y and say that all numbers in the computer are rational, but it makes no sense and that's why pow() behaves that way. Otherwise, for each Y we would have to find its rational representation, which would greatly slow down the computation.

Олег avtomat:

Yes, yes, yes ... you are the only one who is an expert in all fields of human knowledge, in all the sciences, arts, painting, music, literature, history, archaeology ...

There is NO field in which you are not a connoisseur!!!

It's a diagnosis.

Specifically now we are talking about complex numbers.

M.A.Lavrentev, B.V.Shabat. METHODS OF COMPLEX VARIABLE FUNCTION THEORY

http://math.nw.ru/~pozharsky/3kypc/FilesAdd/Lavrentev_TFKP.pdf

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Specifically now we are talking about complex numbers.

§1 Complex numbers 10

1. The complex numbers (10).

2. Geometric illustration (12).

Open the book.

Study §1.

Олег avtomat:

§ 1. complex numbers 10

1. The complex numbers (10).

2. Geometric illustration (12).

Open the book.

Study §1.

Are you really stupid? I have three semesters of TOE.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Are you really stupid? I have three semesters of TOE.

Well, it's obvious that you've had all the way to . three (!!!) semesters of TOE that you skipped and didn't open the books. That's funny...

which isn't surprising, given your recent "revelations" on SLAU... Need I remind you?

Yeah. I read it and smiled. I hope everyone knows that the number 0.2 for double does not exist? Go to sleep, who is at the computer, write a script, find the nearest fraction m/n for 0.2, not the fact that it turns out to be 1/5. At the same time, look for an implementation of std::pow or System.MathPow search, maybe it is stupid in such cases throws NaN, like if you need, then go to specialized libraries.

Олег avtomat:

It's obvious that you have as much as three (!!!) semesters of TOE, which you skipped and didn't open the books. That's ridiculous...

What's with the strange reaction to three semesters? A full in-depth program. And you didn't skip classes and open your books.

Didn't you go to circus school or the clown department?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What's with the strange reaction to three semesters? A full in-depth program. And you didn't skip and open your books.

Didn't you go to circus school or the clown department?

Reason: