Stop Loss doesn't work any more - to lose is to lose. - page 2

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Virtual ones are more dangerous - slippage, disconnection. In this case, everything is handed over to the broker for execution. It turns out that they had a server failure - so far I can't think of any other reason.

More dangerous if there is a disconnection - yes. Slippage, in my experience, is less - both for take and stop. This is by SI/RTS.

Dmitriy Skub:
Dangerous on a disconnect, yes. Slippage, in my experience, is less - both for take and stop. That's by SI/RTS.

How do you check? My feeling is that they're closing fast.

Well, unless you do a test...

By the way, what is your ping?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I can only check it by practical means. The ping is 3-5 ms for different points.

Slippage depends on the TS, of course. Among other things.

Dmitriy Skub:
I can only verify it by practical means. Ping 3-5 ms for different locations.

You mean to the broker? I have a ping of 30-32 ms.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

You mean to the broker? I have a ping of 30-32 ms.

Yes, to the broker.

Dmitriy Skub:
Yes, before the broker.

What kind of provider is this?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

What kind of provider is this?

2COM.

There is one nuance - I switch stops/takes at the flipper price. Practice has shown that this is optimal for liquid instruments.

Dmitriy Skub:

2COM.

There is one nuance - I switch stops/takes at the price of the flipper. The practice has shown that it is optimal for liquid symbols.

What do you mean by "switching" - assessing the situation? Then positive slippage is unlikely?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Renat posted the scripts once.
But be careful with the real account, first study how the scripts work and adjust them if necessary.
I don't remember exactly how the scripts work, I watched them a long time ago, and if they send a market, you can change them to limit ones, so you don't have to enter the trades.
But in my opinion the scripts do send limits, I just don't remember exactly, that's why I stressed it.

Files:

Just my opinion.

You should place virtual stops. In this case, for insurance purposes, a real stop (at a worse price, of course) should also be placed, just in case of a loss of communication with the BC.

Reason: