MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 2

Vitaly Stepanov:
Also, I can't find any MQL5 courses where you can learn the language.

Volchansky will teach you, for a fee)

Максим Дмитриев:

yes. really. to show an example of one function - they give a sheet of code)))

Copy the required fragment, take it to a test project and output the result using Print or Comment.

I myself do so until now, when I have a fairly complex task and need to read the help. I break it into chunks and go from small to larger.

Dmitiry Ananiev:

Copy the required section and bring it into a test project and print the result using Print or Comment.

I still do it myself, when I have a fairly complex task and need to read the help. I break it up into chunks and go from small to larger.

Yes, but you still need to find the right section in the sheet.)

Vitaly Stepanov:
Reading the forum I come to the conclusion that here mostly geeky programmers. Also I think that MT5 with its programming language was designed more for programmers than for traders. And the programmer must use MQL5 to create possibilities for earning, but what should trader apply to freelance trading every time he or she want to check a new nuance of the strategy on the historical data? Besides, I can't find MQL5 courses where I can learn the language. And it is very difficult for a human being to study self-training in this field.

You can eat a lot of courses. I hired a man before the New Year who started writing a simple advisor straight away, and he is quick to grasp everything and try his best. I am sure that he will succeed, despite his young age. But he wants to learn, at least at the level of tweaking the code he was made in freelancing.

And there are people who want to complain. Of course, nothing will work out for them in terms of programming.

About self-education. How else can they do it, they haven't learned how to inject knowledge directly into memory through the socket.

Vitaly Stepanov:

I absolutely agree! But it's very hard to learn a language on your own, especially without a basic knowledge of programming, you could say to dive into this field from scratch.

In my opinion, the best way is to transmit the information directly. If MQL created a complete basic video course on the language aimed at people who have not studied programming, it would be great.

P.S. I have never made any complaints to programmers because I have never addressed them.

It's up to some people. There are a lot of self-taught people here. But you have to work, especially now there are all conditions, a lot of information.

Or do a short example for beginners followed by an advanced example with all the options.

In general, learning mcl4.5 is not difficult. You need diligence and patience, and if you don't have them, then it's difficult, almost impossible. Many people are just too lazy to think.

I found Kovalev's textbook very helpful. This is the kind you need for mkl5.

Максим Дмитриев:

Volchansky will teach you, for a pittance)

Do you buy sausage in the store for a smile? :) In fact, I hardly ever take people anymore, it's time-consuming.

Dmitiry Ananiev:

Copy the required section and bring it into a test project and print the result using Print or Comment.

I still do it myself, when I have a fairly complex task and need to read the help. I break it into chunks and go from small to larger.

Good idea or go through the code under the debugger. And there wasn't one before, at least in MT4.

OK, I'll describe it when I was learning it myself. I need a function. I go to the docks, see an example on three or four pages of completely unfamiliar functions and close it back.

I write on the forum, trying to understand all the unfamiliar functions, which are all unfamiliar to me.

As a result, I had to deal with all of the functions in the example to understand how one function is organized.

But, eventually I learned it and I've already forgotten when I was unable to program any algorithm, now I don't have them, I can do anything I want.

Why can't MQL5 be made more modular? After all, MQl4 has functions for finding extrema. Why would the trader bother to create some basic functions?

For example, why should he bother to create some basic functions?

Reason: