EA Framework

Hi

anyone knows if there is any sort of sample EA framework with build in features like MM, SL-Trailing SL, TP, Limits Orders etc? I just dont want to reinvent the wheel on the basic parts of an EA

Thanks 

athanfx:

Hi

anyone knows if there is any sort of sample EA framework with build in features like MM, SL-Trailing SL, TP, Limits Orders etc? I just dont want to reinvent the wheel on the basic parts of an EA

Thanks 

You can learn if you reinvent the wheel ...

There are all kind of wheels ..... 

athanfx:

Hi

You should reinvent the wheel IMO . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/133792 

RaptorUK:
You should reinvent the wheel IMO . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/133792 

Thanks for your replies and the link. 

In the last 5 months i have coded more than 100 indicators. So its not that i m sort of a lazy boy. Its just that i m sure that there are so many issues concerning the smoothly functionality of an EA that they have already been solved by other experienced coders so it would be a waste of time for me to to waste several weeks just trying to solve basic EA issues and bugs. 

athanfx:

Thanks for your replies and the link. 

In the last 5 months i have coded more than 100 indicators. So its not that i m sort of a lazy boy. Its just that i m sure that there are so many issues concerning the smoothly functionality of an EA that they have already been solved by other experienced coders so it would be a waste of time for me to to waste several weeks just trying to solve basic EA issues and bugs. 

It may well take you longer to read and understand other people's code and test it to make sure that they haven't made errors,  than to write your own.  Of course you can learn a lot from understanding other code and for some simple self contained functions it can be helpful to borrow from others . . .  please make sure you add comments giving credit to the source for anything you add to your code that someone else has written,  you might want to add a URL for where you got the code from,  it will help you in the future when you come back to look at the code and wonder where you got it from.  You might even find a bug that you can feedback to the author . . .

WH

thanks for your link and the code as well, Raptor gave me the link as well.

To be honest i thought that creating an EA it would be much easier (compared to indicators) but after scanning your code i changed my mind! There are so many stuff you need to care! 

Reason: