Mt4 End of support. - page 37

How quickly one gets used to a good thing. How many years have gone by without a debugger, and in some languages even now, and nothing... And what's the reaction to someone who doesn't use it... So what if he doesn't need it?

There was a time when everyone rode horses

Then there was a time when we rode in Zhigulis

Now we drive Mercs.

Well, so what? The big, soft seat is softer now.

So maybe the tool is SECONDLY important?

So maybe the most important thing is WHAT to write, not HOW to write?

So maybe with big projects, it is HOW to organize development that matters? And when working as a loner, habit is more important than generally accepted rules?

So maybe the whole thread is empty FLOOD?

Alexey Viktorov:

How quickly one gets used to a good thing. How many years have passed without a debugger and in some languages they do it even now and there's nothing... And what's the reaction to someone who doesn't use it... So what if he doesn't need it?

Which languages don't have it? I don't seem to have one in MT, I don't know how to debug batnets (but I think there must be a way) and I haven't seen anything else without a debugger, I don't recall.

If one doesn't know what a debugger is, it certainly speaks volumes...

Nikolai Semko:

Figured it out. The algorithm is fundamentally wrong. There's not even anything to fix. We have to rewrite everything.
Sorry - I'll pass. Lazy to bother, especially since I've already implemented my own version. And it works perfectly (judging by the fact that everyone keeps quiet:)).

I will only say that at least it is better to use iTime instead of iBars, because the number of bars will not change with the arrival of a new bar, when the maximum number of bars in the history has been reached, which is different for everyone (Service-Settings-Graphs). I thought you have a fast loop, but it turns out that only every 2400th entry in OnTimer works. Entry to fill the array wrong well - once every minute, and not from zero seconds, and with the arrival of the bar from which the program started, ie, even on the current symbol is not correct, not to mention other characters. And very incredible way of forming the minute: 2400 times logging every 25 milliseconds to see if our minute has passed. Moreover, your algorithm starts working with the arrival of a new bar in the current timeframe, and if you run it on a day, you can wait all day long until it works (i.e., it is better to use iTime(NULL,1,0) instead of Time[0]). And why should the code be distributed (trash) throughout the entire program, after all the task was to create a function and only call it from the body of the program.

In other words - Dmitry was right that I was wrong when I said that your algorithm is very fast. Of course it is fast - if you update it once a minute, when during a minute so many events occur on all symbols, and all past you.

But you're understandable - you don't work with bars. I, too, like to mess around with canvas more.

Well, Peter, I can only repeat my wishes:

- Complete your mega-project as soon as possible and finally get your "magic kick" (which we all need in life)

- master OOP

- master the Latin alphabet and master the wonderful tool Code Debugger.

- And with this luggage and huge experience in procedural programming you start your new super-project.

Nikolai, you shouldn't give up so quickly. What can be achieved with such persistence?

I didn't know that the Bars variable reaches its maximum value and stops. I am not trading. That is the main mistake. Thank you for finding it. Other than that you are completely wrong.

2. Basically, the idea of defining a new bar works. You could do it another way, but this is the most economical option.

3. After the Expert Advisor starts working, the last bars are not new. Therefore, we skip current bars and register the next new bars that appear.

4. Why is filling the array once a minute an incorrect solution? Are there bars that appear more frequently? Why do I need to perform extra actions?

5. It's not my fault that you have to wait a long time for a new bar event on large timeframes)).

Galina Bobro:

Which languages don't have it? I don't seem to remember it in MT, I don't know how to debug batnets (but I think there must be a way) and I haven't seen anything else without a debugger, I don't recall.

If you don't know what a debugger is then that's certainly saying a lot...

At the end of primary school, my child had to do some kind of term paper on a free subject. And I wanted to get him involved in programming somehow. So I offered to make my own website... Of course, I can understand what the child and the person who has never been engaged in this work could do. But it is not important, the main thing is to do something and to tell about it. That's when I had to get acquainted with java and html after using debugger in VBA.

Maybe something has changed in the last 10 years. I don't know. I asked a question on some site where java codes were discussed, but the answer was just mocking to me:"Print rules...".

СанСаныч Фоменко:

So maybe the most important thing is WHAT to write, not HOW to write?

There used to be forges and furs were pumped by hand, and water was carried with beakers. Isn't it time to wake up?

Реter Konow:

Nikolai, don't be so quick to give up. What can be achieved with such persistence?

1. I did not know that the Bars variable reaches its maximum value and stops. I'm not trading. That is the main mistake. Thank you for finding it. Other than that, you are completely wrong.

And don't ever believe that statement.

When I start the terminal, the specified number of bars is displayed and when I open a new bar is added, but the leftmost bar does not disappear anywhere. That's how they accumulate, until the next terminal restart.

Tag Konow:

4. Why is filling the array once a minute the wrong solution? Are there bars that appear more often? Why make unnecessary actions?

In the version I posted, I had to count down 15 seconds at a time.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There used to be forges and furs were pumped by hand, hammered by hand and water was carried with beakers. Isn't it time to wake up?

You're the big expert here. You'll evaluate my solution in terms of correctness and economy of resources. You have understood its essence. Why didn't you say anything?

Alexey Viktorov:

And never believe this statement.

When you start the terminal, a set number of bars are displayed and a new bar is added when you open it, but the leftmost bar does not go anywhere. They accumulate like this until the next time the terminal is rebooted.

Thanks, I'll look more closely later. The fact that no one can clearly explain their arguments against my solution, even though everyone here is a programmer, is strange.

Реter Konow:
Thank you, I will study it more carefully later. The fact that essentially no one can clearly explain their arguments against my solution, - despite the fact that everyone here is a programmer, - is strange.

What's so strange? It's a silly idea to explain to a person who will spend another 10-20 pages proving the opposite. Your programming style is perfect and cannot be criticized.

Reason: