I'm puzzled... EAs don't work on real accounts... maybe we should change broker? - page 2

I have looked at several DCs. One of them writes that the spread increase is only possible within 10 minutes at a well-defined time. If you believe that, then the first situation with this broker just wouldn't happen.

I work on MT4. Thanks for the article.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
If you want to trade on the real exchange, you need a broker, not a DC. There are three brokers for MT5. These are opening, bx and finam (not advertising, listing all brokers for this platform cannot be advertising). And read this article.

I have a neighbour who sells vegetables at the market, and it is not a central market, but a spontaneous one, and he still earns an income.

It makes no difference where to trade, whether it is a real or a virtual one, the only difference is the entrance fee and taxes.

Reactor555:

I have looked at several DCs. One of them writes that the spread increase is only possible within 10 minutes at a well-defined time. If you believe that, then the first situation with this broker just wouldn't happen.

Spread increase in most from 23-55 to 01-05 MSK.

Somewhere over an hour, and spreads widen sometimes by a factor of 10. This is a normal phenomenon

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Spreads widen most from 23-55 to 01-05 MSK.

Somewhere over an hour and spreads widen sometimes by a factor of 10. This is a normal phenomenon

I wouldn't say it's a normal phenomenon, rather it's a phenomenon that has become the norm.

With respect.

Reactor555:

There was a topic here by the way

Почему каждую ночь в 00:00 брокеры расширяют спреды?
Почему каждую ночь в 00:00 брокеры расширяют спреды?
  • www.mql5.com
Происходит вот такое: https://www.oanda.com/lang/ru/forex-trading/markets/recent?instrument=EUR/USD Эти зубчики - это время 00:00...

Andrey Kisselyov:
I wouldn't say it's normal, rather it's a phenomenon that has become the norm.

respectfully.

Why "not normal"?

What does it say in the contract? It doesn't say that "spread widens only in emergencies". So spread widening is totally normal and EAs should take it into account.

George Merts:

Why not "normal"?

What does the contract say? There is no clause that says "spread is widened only as a last resort". So it is perfectly normal for the spread to widen and advisors should take this into account.

It's not normal because such widening has never happened before, as far as I remember.

Sincerely.

The widening as well as the narrowing of the spread is a common occurrence. The spread is the difference between the best bid (Ask) and the best offer (Bid). But if buyers or sellers suddenly withdraw their best bid or ask, the spread will widen, even if there was no market buying or selling at that moment. If, on the contrary, someone places a bid inside the spread, it will be narrowed.

Vitalii Ananev:

The widening as well as the narrowing of the spread is a common occurrence. The spread is the difference between the best bid (Ask) and the best offer (Bid). But if buyers or sellers suddenly withdraw their best bid or ask, the spread will widen, even if there was no market buying or selling at that moment. If, on the contrary, someone places a bid inside the spread, it will be narrowed.

Everything is fine, but it does not apply to DC Forex. Forex spread is an arbitrary decision of brokerage companies. By the way, it has every right to do so, as well as the foreign exchange office in the bank. And by the way, at Forex an instrument is quoted directly by the dealer. It is his responsibility to quote the instruments. Leave the market out of the equation - you work exclusively with the dealer.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Everything is fine, but this is not related to DC Forex. Forex spread is an arbitrary decision of brokerage companies. By the way, it has every right to do so, as well as the foreign exchange office in the bank. And by the way, at Forex an instrument is quoted directly by the dealer. It is his responsibility to quote the instruments. Leave the market out of the equation - you work exclusively with the dealer.

You are right. But even in forex, if we believe the brokerage companies, there are accounts from which trades are executed directly in the market. If deals are executed in brokerage company, we do not know how spread is formed.

Reason: