OOP vs procedural programming - page 2

Реter Konow:
You know, behind all these terms and OOP code, I can't see the problem you were solving. What's the point of it? Please describe it and I will offer you my solution. Then we may compare them by all the possible criteria.

Erm... I don't quite get the gist of it.

The task was to separate the TC from the terminal. The code must compile on both platforms without changes. The super task - to transfer all of the written TS to WealhtLab Developer by writing only the classes of working with the trade server.

George Merts:

Why "useless"? Very useful.

But how can we compare "ease of support" in practice?

Let's say, a code written as one huge block and a code split into functional parts - introduction of changes in both cases is absolutely the same. The only difference is that in the first case one should remember all the links which will be affected by modification and take them into account. In the second case, since the unit only has access to the links it needs to work, the modification will affect all available links. You don't have to remember anything - you correct everything that is available to the block you are modifying in sequence.

How to estimate the difference here ? The amount of work is exactly the same !

Let's solve a specific problem and compare.

George Merts:

Erm... I didn't quite get the point.

The goal was to separate the TC from the terminal. The code must compile on both platforms without any changes. The super task - to transfer all written TS to WealhtLab Developer by writing only classes to work with the trade server.

Is the task to compile on both platforms? Probably only when using OOP. Seriously, what's the challenge in that? Describe what it is?

Реter Konow:
Let's solve a particular problem and compare.

Criterion for comparison ?

I argue that OOP is necessary for the ease of maintaining and making changes to the finished code. You, as I understand it (let's speak on "you"), claim that it is not more complicated (and maybe even simpler) in your code. How shall we compare?

Your phrase alone about "you remember everything" already introduces inequality. Let's say my merchant processor consists of 39 files, and 270kb of code. If developers will change the protocols of interaction with a trade server - I'm afraid that without structuring and OOP-system classes it will be very difficult for me to find all places, which must be affected by this change, and to modify the code, so that, firstly, the blocks working in MT4 would not be affected and, secondly, the written TS would not "feel" this change.

The whole OOP system limits for me the possibility to make errors precisely because I don't remember everything. And if I remembered everything, as you do, probably there would be no need to build all these virtual interfaces...

It's like a car with a manual or an automatic. It's more practical in a manual.

George Merts:

Erm... I don't quite get the point.

The task was to separate the TS from the terminal. The code should compile on both platforms without changes. The main task - to transfer all written TS to WealhtLab Developer by writing only the classes for working with the trade server.

It's a Sharp, even arrays are set differently. Of course, if I attract fxsaber with its crazy defines, I will probably be able to equal MQL5 and WealhtLab ))))

Dmitiry Ananiev:
It's like a manual car or an automatic. It's more practical on an automatic. It's more practical on a manual.

What's more practical? Is it more practical to burn the clutch in traffic?

I drove a Tiguan, and the start/stop button, that's really practical.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

It's a Sharp, even arrays are set differently. Of course, if you involve fxsaber with its crazy defines, you can probably equal MQL5 and WealhtLab ))))

Well, that's exactly why - I never work with arrays. Exclusively with sagrau heir classes.

I'm not sure that I could ever get my hands on such a universal code that would compile from WLD without changes, but I'd like to be able to...

P.S. Are you ecstatic about fxsaber's work too ? :)))

George Merts:

That's exactly why - I never work with arrays. Exclusively with Sagrau classes.

I'm not sure I'll get my hands on such universal code to compile unchanged with WLD, but I'd like to be able to...

Actually WL is dying, no new versions for a year and a half. And as vic says.

Testing happens on 1core, making the process long on modern computers with many cores.

Центральный процессор | Wikiwand
Центральный процессор | Wikiwand
  • www.wikiwand.com
You can help our automatic cover photo selection by reporting an unsuitable photo.

George Merts:

That's exactly why - I never work with arrays. Only with sargau derived classes.

I'm not sure, that I could get my hands on such universal code, that it would compile with WLD without changes, but I'd like to be able to...

P.S. Are you ecstatic about fxsaber's work too ? :)))

Yeah, if I were a girl, I'd cum, just the lord of all defines )))) Remember Lord of the Storm? ))

Reason: